Aggressive BRM V conservative

• sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      I have always wondered which was the best method. I am a recreational player and have always gone down the aggressive route as lets face it..it's by far the most exciting.

I went from $50 to 2k to broke//// $150 to $1500 to broke

very frustrating but fun

I have been learning in depth about the game and making it longterm and improving. I have put a lot of work into improving.

I now have 2 bankrolls which i have built over the last 2 month starting at $2nl

Aggressive 15 buyins (party poker)

and

conservative 35 buyins(pokerstars)

I started with $100 in each i am now up $950 at pokerstars and $310 at party poker

It seems so far that the conservative is winning however i have 30k of hands to play at the aggressive level to equal that of the conservative. lets hope i make it to that many :)

has anyone else done this or who uses aggro stylee BRM? as it does work for some people
  • 17 replies
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      For me conservative BRM is 20B BI :D

While ago started to play PLO25 with 70$ lucky for me i runned hot and now i have nice BR :D

I completely agree with you.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      aggro ftw
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      well the results so far have been interesting

i have reached nl25 on both systems. going pretty well

upto $430 aggro brm
      $930 nitty brm

does anyone know if you can post hands and graphs from trial versian of PT as feedback would be most excellent

hope all ahd a good xmas def a + ev for me :)

lots of chillax and wine = a more chillaxed poker game

:~)
    • camelz3391
      camelz3391
      Bronze
      It entirely depends on your financial situation.

Are you playing for a living? is this your primary income source?

If you can deposit $500 and have the ability to deposit again in a months time. Then I would say that 20bi is fine so long as your happy jumping up and down the limits.

However, if your playing for a living, this is your primary source of income. If you lost your initial deposit you would basically be busto.

I would suggest atleast 50bi. Personally if i was playing out of my own pocket and not being staked. I would use 100bi minimum
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I just play for recreational purposes and I often just use a 10 buyin rule, some of the reasons I started using this rule recently are

1) I can afford to top up my roll anytime from my wages

2) I have not got time to sit grinding for hours and hours

3) I dont enjoy grinding loads of tables so only play one at a time

4) even though my br is only 10 buyins, it helps me not to tilt when I drop down a level or two. I tend to go up and down in levels a fair bit, I dont see it as a big deal.

5) to be a pro player playing one table at a time and match my salary would mean the amount I would have to play at would scare the shit out of me :f_biggrin:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well mostly what camelz said. If your just playing for fun and don't really care about going busto the 10BI is fine, but if you decide to play nl200 for a living i'd definitly recommend a 100BI's so around 20k roll since if this is your main source of income then you really cant afford to go busto.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

Unfortunately my advine may be a little too go hung and aggresive, but I will move this thread where the nitty and wise Purplefizz will surely come up with the right answers.

Thanks for yogur understanding
      Patrick
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Well imo if you can afford to deposit again another time and you are comfertable then just go for it 10-15bi's each limit until you reach a limit where you're not so comfertable or a limit where you think its a nice amount of money you could start to make for me i would probably slow down and start to get nitty atnl25 maybe 25 buy ins then at nl50 30-35 bi's and so on its easier to rebuild a $200 br than a $2k or even a $20k one
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      I am a rec player. I own a restaurant but we are seasonal so I have been chilling out looking for things to do.

I don't plan on topping up my account so I treat it as if it's all the money I have.

I guess it's just out of interest to see which method I will reach my target of nl1000

Got a while to go yet but I thought maybe people would find it interesting as one of the tough decisions is what method to of brim to use

I plan on adding some graphs in the ny. I still have 100 party poker points to collect before I get my free holdem manager

Happy new year and good luck
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      If i was playing poker and treating my BR as all the money i had and the last deposit i was making then id probably have to go with conservative brm just because the chances of going busto it 10bi's is pretty good lol :)

You should make a blog to track your progress and results ;)
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Yeah I agree however I only play 2 tables with aggressive brm which is a huge difference to multi tabling for me. I can really adjust and my winnings without showdown is higher. This I believe should massively reduce my variance which so far seems to work

With my aggro brm I play upto 6 tables. I seem to have a slightly higher win rate however the no. Of hands is considerably more

I believe I can get similar results to multi tabling with a large bankroll to climbing with a small roll quicker with less variance by playing fewer tables

My target is to see which method reaches nl1000 first

I treat my roll as money that is already lost and I don't rely on it and I won't cash out any

It will be interesting in 50,000 hands time if my rolls last :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sucker1952

My target is to see which method reaches nl1000 first

:O :O :O gogogo

Good luck mate i will follow your story with interest so please keep us updated :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      btw :O <--- is supposed to be a shocked face but i just realised it looks like a yawn lol
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      btw :O <--- is supposed to be a shocked face but i just realised it looks like a yawn lol
      :f_o:

imo
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Every fish has to learn to swim amongst the sharks sometime.

This fish has teeth

Lol
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey guys,

Unfortunately my advine may be a little too go hung and aggresive, but I will move this thread where the nitty and wise Purplefizz will surely come up with the right answers.

Thanks for yogur understanding
      Patrick
      lol what? i am neither nitty nor wise.

it's an interesting question sucker1952. do keep us updated on your personal quest :)

for me mostly, i agree with what our beauty diamond Callum said.
      and i personally get more aggro with brm the lower stakes i am on, and more conservative the higher i get :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Doing lots of learning at the min.

just finished ace on the river and let there be range.

both great reads

I just cant seem to wanna play though. I cant seem to play more than an hour. Playin 11bb/100 over last 3000 hands but feeling like i dont know what im doing? think ive confused myself with too in depth reading without knowing how to put it into practice and whether 25nl is the place to do it.

Need some inspiration!!!!!!