From Freerolls to Fortune

• Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Hey all! Names Dave, I'm from near Vancouver, Canada and I'm fairly new to online poker. Decided i would start a poker blog to track my progress, mistakes, etc.

i initially ran the $50 up to $150, but squandered it quickly on a couple bad beats and tilt in one session. Now, i've started playing freerolls while i save up to make a nice deposit. due to the volume i'm playing (5-10 a day) and the consistency, i've been in the money 3 times this week (Pitiful total of around 12 bucks), with a final table twice, so i'm considering going full on into MTT's instead of playing cash when i make my deposit.

i realize freerolls are derp and there isn't much competition, but the main thing is i'm learning the odds, hands, and basic strategies of MTT play, and i enjoy the style. my friends have been having some success in cash games, and i will play it as well, but i'm shooting for moderate buyin MTT player with final table success.

So without further adieu, i will begin updating my progress and sharing interesting hands soon!

Also thanks to all the posters here, and as well to the skype group i joined yesterday! PokerStrategy has a wicked community!
  • 17 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Dave,

Good luck with your blog & challenge, will follow with interest.

Where are you playing at the moment? Just one site or across many different?

Freerolls are a great way to get back a grindable BR, be that on the cash tables or indeed in sng's/mtt's.

The Facebook (free & $0.10) league mtt's on PokerStars are big (number of entries)/long tourneys but certainly grindable.
      Alternatively ipoker sites (such as PokerStrategy.com partners Titan, William Hill etc) currently start mtt's at $1.10 or occasionally $0.55, but they do currently have Steps sng's starting from just $0.15+0.01 where you can cash the different tokens into mtt seats (e.g. Step 3 token can be used to enter $1.10 mtt).

Just a thought, could take a stab at grinding these with your $12 or even for practice before you deposit.

Wishing you every success with whatever route you decide to do, all the best :s_thumbsup:

Bart
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Thanks man! im currently only on party poker, maybe i should get on the facebook league for stars.. i play around 5-10 freerolls a day on party currently and after having little success at first, i've now cashed the past 3 days in a row so i think i could SLOWLY build a little roll with that... maybe i will look into switching sites for a while as party has limited MTT stuff at micro stakes!

thanks for the reply!
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Made a whopping .10c in the $250 on party today.. my QQ busted by AK, not much you can do there when you've only got 10BB to go pushing vs a maniac preflop raiser.

2nd freeroll today is the facebook poker league freeroll, 1st getting entry into the 1.10 tourney with top 250 into the .10c tourney. Currently sitting at 10th of 255 remaining, so i guess I'm guaranteed a spot into the next step :D

this makes 4 days in a row cashing on freerolls, with 2 in a row today now. not really difficult at all anymore, and nothing to brag about, but it's a step up from not cashing at all for the first month or two of experimenting. really excited to deposit and move up to some micro buyins now that i have a good grasp on the basics of large MTT's!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hey Dave,

Glad to see you starting blogging fella. Wish you the best of luck and will follow your progress :f_thumbsup:

Danny.
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Hey Dave,

Glad to see you starting blogging fella. Wish you the best of luck and will follow your progress :f_thumbsup:

Danny.
      Thanks man :)

im planning to make a deposit and get some coaching in the new year, but for now I'm sticking to freeroll grinding. Not only does it give you some hands on insight into EV since you're watching many, many preflop ai situations, but it also helps understanding how to play with certain positions/stack sizes during tourneys, and generally how to make it to the bubble and get itm.

So since i'm starting from freerolls, i figure i can provide some new people with low/no bankrolls ideas on where to find them and what kind of options there are. I know most people here don't care at all about freerolls, so feel free to skip the boredom and i'll update the title when i'm playing cash again :f_grin:

on a 4 of 5 day streak itm now, super easy really.. get bigstack early, bully when in position and look for the right opportunities.

For anyone who's doing the same kind of thing or plays freerolls often, here's what I've noticed:

888 freerolls are the absolute worst of any site I play on. not only do they have the least frequent freerolls (i'm at chrome for VIP), but rebuy + addon in these tournaments (if you have no bankroll) just makes it impossible to be itm unless you win every flip for 3-4 hours solid. just not gonna happen most of the time. If you can rebuy, maybe not so bad, but the blinds go up like mad and you're getting people pushing literally every hand and rebuying if they lose, so it's almost pointless to play these with no bankroll. These are quite possibly the absolute worst players you'll ever find, on any site, ever. You'll more than often see 94o, 102o etc go AI preflop so it's really friggin hard to cash in these, because you get sucked out on A LOT and if you can't rebuy you're done.

Stars is great for learning all different types of poker. pretty much every single kind, they have multiple freerolls for throughout the day, its a nice break from NLHE all the time. Fairly difficult to actually crack these and get to a weekly round 2, as it's top 72 or less out of anywhere between 3-9000 entrants. Facebook poker league is also decent and has a steps type formula (Top 250 in freeroll is entry into .10, 1st gets entry into 1.10) and a leaderboard that can net you bigger monthly freerolls.

Party has a ton of freeroll satellites and daily 250/50 freerolls which i've had the most success in placing. i have yet to place anything else except the facebook league since starting about 2 weeks ago, but on Party i've made around 12 bucks off freerolls in my 2nd week, up from a whopping $0 last week. Not bad, 4 weeks more at that rate to build a nice nl2 roll. their rate of blind increase is much more fair than 888 (where you're basically down to 5-10BB in a very short time and forced to win a lot of flips in a row) players in these are also terrible but more consistent than 888 at later stages.

Other than that, i don't really play anywhere else right now. had been going on titan now and then but they also have very infrequent freerolls and i'm not really a fan of the room.

good luck to everyone, and have a good xmas/new years season! GET DRUNK! hahah
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Following! Jeremy here btw!
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by summermonkey
      Following! Jeremy here btw!
      Hey man :) nice to meet you <-- lol derp, realized who you are now xD

Quick update, finally cracked a NLO stars freeroll, playing really well. 18th of 83 now, top 72 advance. i dunno why i didn't just figure it out sooner, but if you get a big enoguh stack early, you can literally just sit out and make it to top 72, a lot of people doing this. I assumed this was what they were doing when i saw it so often, but i thought the blinds would wipe them before the bubble. now that i'm in this deep i see that's not true, couple people at my table just afk'ed for 2.5 hours with 70k and are still here on the bubble, looking like they will place. kinda cheap imo, you don't learn anything from that either.

i've been playing all rolls start to finish for the gameplay and to absorb hundreds of all in pots, from HU to 4way. it's just good experience if you ask me, to drive the understanding of odds into your head. not exactly top notch gameplay by any means, but you get to see how stuff can play out from preflop ai's, a lot.

i guess its a christmas eve round 2 for me, ii'm shooting to ft that one for sure :f_biggrin:

p.s. omaha rules
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heeellloooooo!!

Good luck, mate! :f_thumbsup:
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heeellloooooo!!

Good luck, mate! :f_thumbsup:
      Hello sir! Good luck to you too :)

I know you play Omaha, and today marks my 2nd day in a row placing in the Omaha hi/lo freeroll on stars, 49th of 81 right now so I'm just waiting for the bubble to pop now... hadnt cracked the stars freeroll circuit until yesterday, now placed twice in a row and on a nice itm streak for freerolls right now.

Good progress for sure, going a month or so without making a dime on these to finally having some consistency and placing every day (Only on party/stars right now.. 888 still ridiculous for freerolls)

Awesome sidenote, out of the blue I got a stake offer from the very kind summermonkey, so I will now be grinding nl2 hard (Still gonna be freerolling for rapid aiev experience and to provide some insight for beginners on where, when, and how to play these) and will be updating here as I go! Many thanks sir :)

Current bankroll: $50

Strict BRM time

update in a few hours on starting progress
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      well, i can start with a couple classics from both sides. in both of these hands, i KNEW they had AA but had to push.. probably because EV is beaten into my head now. in the future vs these nits though i won't be playing KK when i have that strong gut feeling.:

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $1.61
      BB: $0.92
      UTG: $0.89
      UTG+1: $2.68
      MP: $1.06
      Hero (MP+1): $4.52
      LP: $5.00
      CO: $3.50
      BTN: $4.66

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, LP calls $0.08, fold, BTN raises to $0.42, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.34, fold

Flop: ($0.97, 2 players) 8:club: T:spade: 9:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.56, Hero raises to $4.10 and is all-in, BTN calls $3.54

Turn: ($9.17, 2 players) Q:club:

River: ($9.17, 2 players) K:spade:

Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 16%, Turn 32%)
      BTN shows A:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 84%, Turn 68%)
      Hero wins $8.72

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players

UTG: $2.50
      UTG+1: $0.88
      MP: $2.63
      CO: $2.50
      BTN: $2.23
      Hero (SB): $6.82
      BB: $0.80

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, UTG raises to $0.74, Hero raises to $6.82 and is all-in, UTG calls $1.76 and is all-in

Flop: ($5.02, 2 players) 4:heart: J:diamond: 2:club:

Turn: ($5.02, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: ($5.02, 2 players) 7:spade:

Hero shows K:heart: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      UTG shows A:club: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Fours) (PreFlop 83%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      UTG wins $4.77

Currently up to $56.34. finding it very easy right now, lotsa bad players and obvious players here
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      Not the greatest session today, some awful plays on my part and failed reads, a lot of good play but the bad calls overshadowed this session.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players

MP+1: $2.74
      Hero (CO): $2.85
      BTN: $1.54
      SB: $2.87
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $0.80
      UTG+1: $2.31
      MP: $4.97

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:heart: 2:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19, 3 players) 8:heart: T:heart: 9:club:
      BB bets $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.49, 3 players) 9:heart:
      BB bets $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($0.89, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.49 and is all-in, BB calls $1.04 and is all-in

Hero shows A:heart: 2:heart: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 34%, Flop 49%, Turn 91%)
      BB shows 4:club: 4:diamond: (Full House, Fours full of Nines) (PreFlop 66%, Flop 51%, Turn 9%)
      BB wins $3.97

^^ugh put him on broadway heart, guy was super fishy and that was unexpected. Should i re-raise the turn here? Probably

Hero (CO): $2.00
      BTN: $1.73
      SB: $2.16
      BB: $2.07
      UTG: $1.41
      UTG+1: $0.84
      MP: $1.57
      MP+1: $5.42

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 7:diamond: 7:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB raises to $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.34, 3 players) 7:spade: Q:spade: K:heart:
      BB bets $0.24, UTG+1 raises to $0.74 and is all-in, Hero raises to $1.90 and is all-in, BB calls $1.66

Turn: ($4.88, 3 players) 2:club:

River: ($4.88, 3 players) 3:heart:

BB shows A:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 65%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: 7:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (PreFlop 18%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
      UTG+1 shows Q:club: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 17%, Turn 10%)
      Hero wins $4.64

Possibly a bad play here, but I didn't feel like the pre game was strong enough for KK or QQ, knew otherwise i had them beat.

note to self: tighter, tighter, tighterrrrr

BR @ 52.23
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hey dude,

First off KK vs AA is something that will happen, and even the best sometimes would go broke... It takes a super strong read and major ability to be able to lay down pre-flop. At the micro's I still expect to see (and do see) JJ+ and A,Q (sometimes AJ) so our kings are ahead most of the time. Never feel bad about getting it in pre-flop with KK.

When you do get to the flop and you feel they may have have aces you can try to gain some pot control, by betting less or taking the c/c route instead - But as a general rule against most micro stake players, going bust with KK is rarely wrong. However, on the 8,9,T hand I think the shove is okay, as he will call with FD's SD's and sometimes I think AQ+ and definitely JJ+.

A,2s hand - Standard cooler.

77 Hand - Well played.

Hope that helps :)
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      KK has been doing me good today, can't complain :D

another decent one here

i see your turn suckout, and raise you a double river suckout

BTN: $1.97
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $1.22
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $1.99
      MP: $2.07
      MP+1: $0.80
      LP: $5.46
      CO: $2.39

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.20, 3 players) 8:diamond: J:heart: T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.08, MP+1 raises to $0.24, fold, Hero raises to $1.94 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $0.50 and is all-in

Turn: ($1.68, 2 players) K:heart:

River: ($1.68, 2 players) T:club:

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Full House, Jacks full of Tens) (PreFlop 54%, Flop 75%, Turn 23%)
      MP+1 shows Q:spade: A:spade: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 46%, Flop 25%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins $1.60

probably got max value out of this hand, i think my weak turn bet was enough to hook him for the river shot. put him on AJ/AQ here, kings was not expected (but welcomed) due to his weak raise

BTN: $2.82
      SB: $1.58
      BB: $1.97
      UTG: $2.07
      UTG+1: $2.26
      MP: $4.95
      MP+1: $1.96
      LP: $1.94
      Hero (CO): $2.33

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, LP raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 3 players) A:diamond: T:heart: 2:spade:
      LP bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold

Turn: ($0.27, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      LP checks, Hero bets $0.18, LP calls $0.18

River: ($0.63, 2 players) 5:spade:
      LP checks, Hero bets $0.50, LP calls $0.50

Hero shows Q:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 28%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      LP mucks K:club: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 72%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $1.55

play has improved a lot today, patched up some major leaks and i'm up to 61.50.

multi-tabling and takin breaks once i go up a couple or down a couple bi. working well atm.
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      was playing this guy HU for a while and finally bagged him (after repeated bluffs)

ballsy call, bad call in a FR situation but HU i trusted my gut and played him rather than the board.. paid off nicely. I don't think he's calling flop and turn here with an overpair or set, and definitely didnt put him on a 2 or K based on his play. woot for reading!

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 3 players

Hero (BB): $3.18
      BTN: $2.93
      SB: $1.19

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 7:club: 7:heart:

BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN calls $0.06, fold

Flop: ($0.18, 2 players) 5:club: 2:diamond: 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.42, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

River: ($0.82, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.53

BTN shows 6:spade: 4:spade: (One Pair, Twos) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 24%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 7:club: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Sevens and Twos) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 76%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $5.59

down a bit to 59.80, sick beats but i'm just above -1bi still. feel the improvement and hand reading coming along slowly!
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      wow, UNBELIEVABLY sick day at the tables, tilted as hell so im taking a break.. just ridiculous, all of this was within 20 mins of play, i was about ready to break something at the end

UTG: $1.22
      UTG+1: $2.28
      Hero (MP): $2.00
      MP+1: $1.10
      LP: $1.57
      CO: $1.11
      BTN: $0.97
      SB: $2.72
      BB: $1.60

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, MP+1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.20, 3 players) 6:diamond: 3:club: A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP+1 calls $0.08, fold

Turn: ($0.36, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.28, MP+1 calls $0.28

River: ($0.92, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.78, MP+1 calls $0.68 and is all-in

Hero shows A:heart: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (PreFlop 82%, Flop 74%, Turn 77%)
      MP+1 shows K:diamond: J:diamond: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 18%, Flop 26%, Turn 23%)
      MP+1 wins $2.17

Hero (MP): $2.27
      MP+1: $2.21
      LP: $1.79
      CO: $1.63
      BTN: $0.91
      SB: $9.74
      UTG: $1.35
      UTG+1: $3.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, MP+1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.26, 4 players) A:heart: Q:heart: T:club:
      SB bets $0.26, fold, Hero calls $0.26, fold

Turn: ($0.78, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.46, SB calls $0.46

River: ($1.70, 2 players) K:club:
      SB bets $1.44, fold

SB wins $1.62

MP+1: $2.57
      LP: $1.27
      CO: $4.94
      BTN: $2.77
      Hero (SB): $2.08
      BB: $2.05
      UTG: $0.80
      UTG+1: $0.95
      MP: $1.10

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 8:club: 9:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, MP+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24, 3 players) Q:club: 7:diamond: A:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.12, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2.02 and is all-in, fold, BTN calls $1.52

Turn: ($4.40, 2 players) K:club:

River: ($4.40, 2 players) A:diamond:

Hero shows 8:club: 9:club: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 38%, Flop 39%, Turn 91%)
      BTN shows K:spade: A:spade: (Full House, Aces full of Kings) (PreFlop 62%, Flop 61%, Turn 9%)
      BTN wins $4.19

CO: $0.88
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $2.20
      Hero (BB): $2.98
      UTG: $2.48
      UTG+1: $0.76
      MP: $0.90
      MP+1: $9.98

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, CO calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.89, 2 players) 8:spade: 4:club: 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.48 and is all-in

Turn: ($1.85, 2 players) 7:diamond:

River: ($1.85, 2 players) J:diamond:

Hero shows K:heart: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 83%, Flop 77%, Turn 70%)
      CO shows 9:diamond: T:spade: (Straight, Jack High) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 23%, Turn 30%)
      CO wins $1.76

vvv meant to raise more than min on flop here

UTG+1: $1.10
      Hero (MP): $2.00
      MP+1: $3.40
      LP: $2.27
      CO: $2.13
      BTN: $1.67
      SB: $0.42
      UTG: $1.51

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) 7:spade: K:spade: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.02, BTN calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.19, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.08, BTN raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.51, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 83%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows 8:diamond: 8:spade: (Three of a Kind, Eights) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 17%, Turn 95%)
      BTN wins $0.49

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 4 players

UTG: $1.07
      Hero (BTN): $2.00
      SB: $3.14
      BB: $1.19

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:club: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.22, BB raises to $1.19 and is all-in, Hero raises to $2.00 and is all-in, SB calls $1.78

Flop: ($5.19, 3 players) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: 6:club:

Turn: ($5.19, 3 players) 5:diamond:

River: ($5.19, 3 players) Q:spade:

SB shows K:diamond: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 31%, Flop 27%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 33%, Flop 27%, Turn 0%)
      BB shows A:diamond: Q:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 36%, Flop 45%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins $0.77
      SB wins $0.77
      BB wins $3.40

UTG+1: $0.77
      MP: $1.09
      MP+1: $1.12
      Hero (LP): $2.37
      CO: $1.44
      BTN: $0.70
      SB: $1.46
      BB: $6.71
      UTG: $1.85

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.04, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, BTN raises to $0.70 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.52

Flop: ($1.47, 2 players) J:heart: A:diamond: 5:spade:

Turn: ($1.47, 2 players) 8:heart:

River: ($1.47, 2 players) T:club:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (PreFlop 83%, Flop 86%, Turn 91%)
      BTN shows Q:club: K:club: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 14%, Turn 9%)
      BTN wins $1.40

Back down to basically BE now, annoying as hell but whatever. Some bad raising perhaps but generally i think i'm making decent plays and value bets, just really stupid rivers today, goddamn

edit: need to chill the fawk out and get over it :f_cool: shit happens.
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Yeah. Other than ur bet sizings, most are standard except mayb the Pushing with fd on A high board. N I would raise the aq hand on flop. It being so draw heavy I will try n get it in ahead as he can't have a set there.

Other than that, most are standard beats. Only advice to u is focus on the decision not the results! Seeing that NL2 is just a learning ground.
    • Calcul0n
      Calcul0n
      Bronze
      this one hurt.. i really put him on KJ here, was known to be pretty loose so i called to see his reaction on turn. He then checks his straight, which was not expected.. i hit my set on the river, and he re-raises which again makes me think KJ here. turns out he had A10, raised with a gutshot, gave me a free card and then annhilated me. thoughts here? my only impression is i should have just folded his raise, but it was a minraise so i thought both that it was bluffy, and that i wanted to see his turn play.. since he checked i thought i was definitely ahead on my river, but i got hustled.

happy holidays everyone :)

MP+1: $2.28
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $5.03
      SB: $6.27
      BB: $4.93
      UTG: $2.02
      UTG+1: $2.09
      Hero (MP): $3.26

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, MP+1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) 6:spade: K:spade: J:heart:
      Hero bets $0.10, MP+1 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.55, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: ($0.55, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.54, MP+1 raises to $1.54, Hero raises to $3.00 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $0.48 and is all-in

Hero shows 9:heart: 9:spade: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (PreFlop 53%, Flop 60%, Turn 0%)
      MP+1 shows A:heart: T:heart: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 47%, Flop 40%, Turn 100%)
      MP+1 wins $4.37