RakeBack vs First deposit bonus?????

• RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Hi all :)

Don't know in wich section i need to ask this question :f_confused:

What should I choose ,what is better First Deposit bonus our Rake back in %

I want to make a deposit and I can't choose between Ipokers FirstDeposit Bonus our sites that ofer Rake back :) ????
  • 9 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hi RDKNAUF91,

If you HAVE to choose then it will be better in the long term for you to choose the rakeback option as this is going to run for the life of your account rather than until you clear it (like the bonus). However, if you sign upto a site that offers rakeback, then generally this does not exclude you from also having a FDB.

If you'd like more information then provide me with the details of which sites you are trying to decide between and I will be able to offer further assistance.

Best wishes,

Danny.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Hi RDKNAUF91,

If you HAVE to choose then it will be better in the long term for you to choose the rakeback option as this is going to run for the life of your account rather than until you clear it (like the bonus). However, if you sign upto a site that offers rakeback, then generally this does not exclude you from also having a FDB.

If you'd like more information then provide me with the details of which sites you are trying to decide between and I will be able to offer further assistance.

Best wishes,

Danny.
      Thanks for answer :)

But if we count in % Ipokers network First Deposit bonus hav big is return in rake ???
      Hope you understood :D
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RDKNAUF91
      But if we count in % Ipokers network First Deposit bonus hav big is return in rake ???
      This differs from one iPoker site to the next. It can range from anything between 16% and 43%. The most generous one I've seen on iPoker is William Hill. But any site with rakeback would probably beat that.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oblitron
      This differs from one iPoker site to the next. It can range from anything between 16% and 43%. The most generous one I've seen on iPoker is William Hill. But any site with rakeback would probably beat that.
      Thanks ,now I have a clear picture :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks oblitron.

Any rakeback deal is going to be more profitable in the long-term, however if you are trying to build a roll, then don't forget you can just use FDB on ALL iPoker skins - Clear one, deposit on a new one etc. There is that many depending on which stakes you play the FDB's could keep you running all year.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Thanks oblitron.

Any rakeback deal is going to be more profitable in the long-term, however if you are trying to build a roll, then don't forget you can just use FDB on ALL iPoker skins - Clear one, deposit on a new one etc. There is that many depending on which stakes you play the FDB's could keep you running all year.
      Thats what I was thinking :D
      Do you think its more profitable for me to get FDB in a row on all Ipoker sites then get a rakeback on Pokerheaven???
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I don't know how/what you play and wouldn't be able to really answer that question anyway. It comes down to your personal preference, volume, stakes played etc.

Things to consider:

1. Is there enough traffic at the games/stakes you play?
      3. You will lose a small amount every time you deposit/withdraw via fees conversion rates.
      4. Some FDB are very hard to clear (always check the details).
      5. Does the poker room have a good reputation?
      6. Did you notice 2 was missing? :D

If you are playing NL5 then just go for rakeback as most of the FDB are going to be out of reach for full clearance anyway. If you are playing NL100 then you may as well take the FDB because you should clear them quickly, but on the flip side you will also be getting a decent amount of rake back plus, at Poker Heaven you have the rake race also to be considered.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      I don't know how/what you play and wouldn't be able to really answer that question anyway. It comes down to your personal preference, volume, stakes played etc.

Things to consider:

1. Is there enough traffic at the games/stakes you play?
      3. You will lose a small amount every time you deposit/withdraw via fees conversion rates.
      4. Some FDB are very hard to clear (always check the details).
      5. Does the poker room have a good reputation?
      6. Did you notice 2 was missing? :D

If you are playing NL5 then just go for rakeback as most of the FDB are going to be out of reach for full clearance anyway. If you are playing NL100 then you may as well take the FDB because you should clear them quickly, but on the flip side you will also be getting a decent amount of rake back plus, at Poker Heaven you have the rake race also to be considered.
      Thanks! You mentioned reputation ,then what you think about PokerHeaven??
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I personally haven't played at Poker Heaven so I couldn't give you an honest answer. However we do have a dedicated section here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1508 and if you ask there I'm sure some of the regular players will be happy to tell you about it.

Just be sure to say what games you wish to play as this will help them tell you whether this room would be a viable option for you.

Good luck. :f_cool: