[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: KQo frm BB agnst SB

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $2.10 (52.5 bb)
      MP: $5.43 (135.8 bb)
      CO: $7.03 (175.8 bb)
      BTN: $1.96 (49 bb)
      SB: $5.01 (125.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 4 4 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero folds

Results: $0.24 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: 4 4 8
      SB mucked and won $0.23 ($0.11 net)
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$0.12 net)

Our opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/StealfromSB/hands 26/16/0.4/100/20

The decision here is about preflop: 3bet or call? Basically we don't know much about the opponent. I suppose both are equally good options.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Nah, I guess both plays are fine. I don't mind Calling, neither I don't mind 3betting. But the question is how we should play the flop. :) What do you think about his CB size? What about his CB overall, how do you see it?

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      The CB size is relatively small - that is all I am able to observe right now as I have only 20 hands on him. Since I don't know much about him I think I should not speculate on his CB tendencies, thus a fold there is good.

1) Had I know his CB is high, what line would you suggest?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      The CB size is relatively small - that is all I am able to observe right now as I have only 20 hands on him. Since I don't know much about him I think I should not speculate on his CB tendencies, thus a fold there is good.

1) Had I know his CB is high, what line would you suggest?
      You can sometimes even raise there and also float, depending on the CB frequency.
      Bronze
      You can sometimes even raise there and also float, depending on the CB frequency.

1) Stats-wise, how high should his CB frequency be in order for me to play back at him?

2) How to choose between raising and folding?

3) When I raise what am I trying to represent? Don't we have to worry about balancing our range there, since I usually don't raise with a made hand on this board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Stats-wise, how high should his CB frequency be in order for me to play back at him?

Higher than 70+. :) But of course depends a lot on the opponent. That's not a factor which we can basically take by just numbers. Some opponents are good with CBs some not. Especially if you have 80+ then it's usually too high.

2) How to choose between raising and folding?

As I said, depends on his CB on turn and overall CB on flop.

3) When I raise what am I trying to represent? Don't we have to worry about balancing our range there, since I usually don't raise with a made hand on this board.

We ain't talking about balancing on those limits, we can still represent any kind of PP which tries to protect his hand. He can't either represent much with his CB here.
      Bronze
      As I said, depends on his CB on turn and overall CB on flop.

I would guess that against someone who 2nd barrels a lot a raise on the flop would be the preferable option and against someone who doesn't floating is starting to look like an appealing way of playing back?

We ain't talking about balancing on those limits, we can still represent any kind of PP which tries to protect his hand. He can't either represent much with his CB here.

On higher stakes we shouldn't be raising like that only when bluffing, right? Since we become easily readable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I would guess that against someone who 2nd barrels a lot a raise on the flop would be the preferable option and against someone who doesn't floating is starting to look like an appealing way of playing back?

What do you think? :) You did answer your question yourself already.

On higher stakes we shouldn't be raising like that only when bluffing, right? Since we become easily readable.

Wouldn't say so. I can as well even sometimes raise there with PPs to protect from overcards.
      Bronze
      Thanks!