This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 SH A7 turn play?

• dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $13.37
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $11.11
      BTN: $11.38

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: 7:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 8:heart: 9:spade: A:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.50, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG raises to $2.80, Hero ??

Vilain 26/16/2.4/12 over 100 hands
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dooleslovs,

Preflop: Don't like your Call here while just hoping for a hit and then being OOP you wont play the hand profitable. Especially if you don't even know around the postflop play which seems happened.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you donk the turn? I don't really get it and neither I don't like it. At the best I'd rather Check/Call, if we get raised we will never even know where we stand. He could easily have better 2pairs and maybe even stronger hands. Therefore I'd just Bet/Fold my hand than continue while his line is already strong on such a board.

Best Regards.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      yes I guess it's a bit marginal to call even being 4 handed. I donk because I thought a lot of Tx will just take free card, as well as weaker Ax, and AJ AQ AK will call and with initiative I could make a value bet on blank river. Does it make sense? But I did not think about being raised. So when he did I actually did not know there I am with my hand, because I started to think he could rise all those hands I though he will just call. To sum up being OOP sucks :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      yes I guess it's a bit marginal to call even being 4 handed. I donk because I thought a lot of Tx will just take free card, as well as weaker Ax, and AJ AQ AK will call and with initiative I could make a value bet on blank river. Does it make sense? But I did not think about being raised. So when he did I actually did not know there I am with my hand, because I started to think he could rise all those hands I though he will just call. To sum up being OOP sucks :)
      Donk because of take free card? For what? :) The only reason to donk there is that we plan to play for the stacks.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      I donk not to let HIM take a free card with all his Tx and 6x.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      I donk not to let HIM take a free card with all his Tx and 6x.
      How many combos will he even have there? :)