Stack
      Hero:
      $0.8
      UTG2:
      $0.48
      MP3:
      $0.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.09, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.07, UTG2 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.28) 9:heart: , 9:diamond: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, UTG2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.57 (All-In), Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.42) K:heart:
      River: ($1.42) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows two-pair, nines and eights (Ac Jc)
      Hero shows (Qc Jd)

MP3 wins with two-pair, nines and eights (Ac Jc)
      O.K so this was my first hand at the table that I have been observing before I joined in. I knew that MP3 was calling any Ax suited or not.

Was it wrong from me to call the gutshot straight? I know the pot odds were against me. MP3 had A/Js
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi Droewors,

well i think that there you should easily fold preflop. You call and there of course you know that UTG2 is also calling. With your QJ you don't know where you stand at all in almost all situation postflop. SO the easiest and safest way is just to fold preflop.

Well as played it is just a check/fold flop. You are OOP and still 2 player to act behind you so very hard also to make them fold with such a bet.

Let's wait also what our pro judge will say.
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi Allen

Thank you for the insight I do understand your point. Thank you for the advice
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if you are playing BSS. :)

Preflop: Especially when you playing with such a stack it's a snap-fold. Even with 100BB it's bad Call since I doubt that you have good postflop skills.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you donk it here? I don't really like it. You will rarely even achieve much with the min-bet and neither you can't Call vs the shove since you don't get odds. In long run you gonna loose money.

Best Regards.