50$ bankroll

• 2 replies
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey baliz,

Thanks for your post!

I'm assuming you are referring to NLHE? In FLHE it would not make any difference what you sit down with.

It also depends on what stakes you play, but I assume by your status that you are new here? Are you also new to Poker?

Depending on what strategy you employ, it's recommended to sit down with between 50 and 100 Big Blinds. So $50 could be fine, as long as you are playing NL50 with the correct number of stacks behind.

If you only have $50, the last thing you should do is sit down with ALL of it.

If you mean sitting at an NL50 table with your whole $50 then:

It would be a TERRIBLE idea to sit at the table with your whole $50 Bankroll! Please do NOT do this!

I can tell you from my own experience that while taking shots, you opponents also hit their two & three outers, and if we are at the table with ALL our money, it can be gone in a second, and it's not really funny to be honest :f_cry:

It's important we take our time to identify areas in our own game that need improvement; something that can only be done in unison with expected variance, and correct Bankroll Management.

Here are some resources vital to your development if you are new to Poker;

No-Limit Beginners School
      No Limit Beginners Learning Path

Proper Bankroll management is more important that anti-Tilt measures, because without the correct bankroll, your Tilt would not have the time to affect your game as drastically as your Bankroll management would. This is really something you need to keep in mind when beginning to play.

I hope this helps & please do let me know if I can help you with anything else.

-Euan
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Poker rooms should restrict players to play certain limits when they have <25 buyins. Or at least add a warning.