[NL20-NL50] AA 6max got check/raised OTT

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      On the flop I already didn't bet so big because there are not many hands to call but Kx, AK i block and I have my doubts he will call 3 streets w/ KQ. He's a 16/12 with 17% WTSD.

So when this turn came I thought about checking behind and calling any river, or valuebet river if he checks. I didn't like betting turn *and* river since even if KQ will call now might fold river, same for QQ (but I doubt he would call QQ pre 5 handed).

Obviously I messed up the hand. Since I realized that instantly, I ended up instantly getting confused and making yet another mistake of calling the raise. I think I could have just folded, even in position, as there is no river card I really want to see except a Q.

And I get myself thinking on the river again. Is there any chance he is bluffing? With what? QQ? KQ that raised turn because he has OESD? QJs? That called my MP raise? Maybe but I doubt it. Why would he turn those into bluff? Does he hope I'd fold a K for 1/2 pot considering I didn't fold it OTT? I doubt it. There is no missed draw in any of our ranges, even :diamond: hit, AK and KQ of diamonds are still out there. I bet so small on the turn, did that induce a raise from a hand like AK?

I almost called. Then I thought about all my whining here about bad river calls and how much money I lose by calling rivers. Come on, even JT beats us. I'd have a nice bluff catcher if I had checked behind turn; since I didn't, I can't expect him to ch/r bluff on that board on the turn and follow up with it on the river when a :diamond: hits.

If he had TT I understand not raising flop, but raise turn once our range includes AQ? And this small bet on river? Will never fold to my raise of course, not even with the :diamond: hitting. JJ would also make sense.

Anyway. Folded.

$0.30 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

BB: $61.28
      Hero (UTG): $30.00
      CO: $36.66
      BTN: $54.65
      SB: $12.73

SB posts SB $0.15, BB posts BB $0.30

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.45) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95, 2 players) 6:diamond: K:heart: T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.35, 2 players) J:diamond:

[CENTER]BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5.00

River: ($19.35, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $9.00, fold

BB wins $18.39
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can go pot control on the turn. I would personally bet all 3 streets for value and fold to raise. Besides KQ, QJ would also call on the turn and he can have some ATd hands that would c/c turn again (or sometimes c/r)
      But since players shouldn´t make moves with these boards I think folding to turn raise should be the best option.

If you think he is semibluffing hands like QJ, then you should also call river.

Best regards,