[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #13 20.12.11

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Dec 20th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, December 27th at 6 PM GMT.

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

UTG: $17.31
      CO: $20.00
      Hero (BTN): $20.90
      SB: $20.00
      BB: $13.02

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with 8 :heart: 8 :club:
      UTG calls $0.20, CO raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($3.00) 6 :diamond: 7 :club: 2 :club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.25, UTG raises to $7.31, CO folds, Hero raises to $20, UTG calls $9.10 all in

Turn: ($35.82) 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($35.82) K :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

standard hand vs someone who seems to be aggro fish? 37/19 WWSF 67 (18), WTSD 44, 70 hands
  • 8 replies
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      even against this kind of player i wouldn't go broke with this hand, he could have loads of better hands. fold on the turn to his raise and wait for a better situation.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Well its all about how aggro and how bad is he. How often does he c/r the flop, and whats his limp/calling range here.
      This board actualy hits his limp/calling range a lot. Against a range with bunch of flushdraws, 2pairs, sets and combo draws (77-66,22,QcTc,JcTc,Qc9c,Jc9c,9c8c,9c7c,Qc6c,Jc6c,Jc5c,8c5c,6c4c,5c4c) we only have ~35%. As we widen this range to some TP hands which are definitely possible (add A7o, A7s, K7s) we are 60% ahead, so the more aggro he is more likely shove is ok.
      I'm not a fan of calling the flop, to re-evaluate turn, cause there are a bunch of turns we dont like and if villain is an aggro fish, he will mostly continue his aggresion on any turn, so no easy descisions there.
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      Well, I think it is good against him, especially when he was doing some kind of move earlier, because he is a fish, he is very agressive. He could do it some sort of draw, maybe a top pair, or a second pair etc. So I think maybe this is not the best situation against him, but i think the re-raise all-in is good here, because a lot of turn card will be bad for us.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      PF: call is definitly fine and should be standard.

F: since PFA didn't cbet, Hero's bet is also ok but we get c/r from UTG
      UTG just limped pf so he shouldn't have any higher pairs. I also think he will raise any pair so a set should also be very unlikely.
      His range is very wide and he could have a lot of draws there (which he can play like this if he is as aggressive as described) and the only 2pair thats possible which beats us is 67.
      So i like the ship in this spot, even if i would have a bad feeling about it we should be ahead in most cases.

edit: just calling is out of question since we would be commited anyway and there are not much cards we like to see.
    • frako17
      frako17
      Bronze
      I think opponents line, limp/call preflop check/raise flop, looks quit strong and on the flop we are facing the top of his range most of the times.

If i wouldn't have any indicates/notes that he is capable to do wired/spazy thinks i would bet/fold the flop.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Preflop ok. On flop the stacking off is marfinal. Not sure. Safer would be to bet/fold. He has initiative and now check/raises in multiway pot - might be strong. If there is no reads that he is spewy postflop, I think I am bet/folding.
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      snap fold when he raise like this , i need to have JJ+ to think about calling
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Calling preflop is pretty standard and there is no other way to play the hand. Perfect spot to set-mine.
      Postflop: Although even that we are against a very aggressive player there is no way we can go for the stacks here. We don't even beat that many combos and the opponent definitely has even better PPs in his range. So it's a standard Bet/Fold spot while we still need to Bet to protect our hand.

Best Regards.