Where am I leaking?

• osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze

And the graph over these hands:

As you can see I probably loose too much in non showdown. Is any stat completely wrong? Any obvious leaks? All hands played on NL20 and NL30, volume between the levels pretty much 50/50.

I'm tired of playing breakeven, sucksss. I'm watching strategy vids, taking notes and I'm trying not to auto pilot! I want to crush! Please help. :D

Any tips? Questions? Anything!
  • 10 replies
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      I had a quick look at your stats. Here are a few thoughts, hopefully it helps:

- CBet not enough (specially at these stakes)
      - you do not fold to a raise when you Cbet often enough (btw if you have HEM there is a great article and filters showing why/how much you probably losing)
      - it's a matter of style but you 3bet mainly from blinds and play big pots OOP, they do not fold so much ...
      - fold to 3bet too much (would need to see vs specific position - but anyway it's too much)
      - you seem a bit too aggressive for someone who has 'honest' stats

You might need to relax and fold more often than you think.

Did you run Leak Buster?

You could be playing on Ongame. I am learning (NL sh) and rebuilding my roll this year. Played 20 and 30NL there - very beatable, had at least 4bb/100

Good luck!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Yes, I do play at ongame, NL30 atm! I started this thread in the swedish forum first, and they told me pretty much exactly the same things you did now. So that's awesome, getting confirmed where my (biggest) leaks are! :)

The only thing they didn't mention was my aggression, could you be more specifik on where I am too aggressive maybe?

Originally posted by eudodo
      btw if you have HEM there is a great article and filters showing why/how much you probably losing
      Yeah I have HEM, where can I find this?

I haven't run leak buster, and I don't have any money to buy it atm. Is it worth it? :)

Thanks for the answer, really appreciate it!
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      aggression - not sure - what I meant you are typical 22/17 - 24/20 with slightly higher overall aggression ( I would expect 3.2) and I see many players who seem to play good starting hands and do something wrong, since they are not winning... Just look at a few biggest winners/regs they usually more passive? Or much more aggressive but do not play 23/19.
      I might be very wrong about that, it's just my opinion.

HEM - go to HELP > Articles (8) It's the 7th.

Leak Buster. Yep. Go through the articles first - it will give you a good start and later you can try Leak Buster. They have a version for small stakes (up to nl50), which is cheaper, besides Xams coming ... and also I think that there is some kind of trial etc
      It does make a difference, especially at these stakes and with the volume you are putting. Have a look yourself.

Good luck!
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      the 2 things i first noticed was you might raise too much vs steal attempts. maybe bring it down 2%. Another thing was you might be check raising too little, maybe bring that up 3-4%. other then that if you play that way for the rest of your poker career you should expect great things brother. you have very balanced preflop stats, along with solid stats across the board. i would not want to be sitting across from you too often ill tell ya that much !

Sincereley,
      Andrew
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      WWSF 44% is high but still you are loosing a lot at non-showdown..how this is possible? giving up a lot preflop?
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      aggression - not sure - what I meant you are typical 22/17 - 24/20 with slightly higher overall aggression ( I would expect 3.2) and I see many players who seem to play good starting hands and do something wrong, since they are not winning... Just look at a few biggest winners/regs they usually more passive? Or much more aggressive but do not play 23/19.
      I might be very wrong about that, it's just my opinion.
      All right, I don't really have any nice sample size on any of the other regulars actually, at most I think I have something like 1.5k hands, but I'll look through some of their stats anyway, yeah! :)

HEM - go to HELP > Articles (8) It's the 7th.

Leak Buster. Yep. Go through the articles first - it will give you a good start and later you can try Leak Buster. They have a version for small stakes (up to nl50), which is cheaper, besides Xams coming ... and also I think that there is some kind of trial etc
      It does make a difference, especially at these stakes and with the volume you are putting. Have a look yourself.

Good luck!
      All right, sounds good! I'll read the articles and stuff for sure, thanks for the tip mate!

Originally posted by ilovemagic
      the 2 things i first noticed was you might raise too much vs steal attempts. maybe bring it down 2%. Another thing was you might be check raising too little, maybe bring that up 3-4%. other then that if you play that way for the rest of your poker career you should expect great things brother. you have very balanced preflop stats, along with solid stats across the board. i would not want to be sitting across from you too often ill tell ya that much !

Sincereley,
      Andrew
      Really? I 3bet too much vs steals? Maybe I should be more careful about who I 3bet when they open from steal positions. I'll be on the look out!
      Maybe I can squeeze in a few more checkraises as well, it is kind of low and I've been told this before so I really should fix it. :D

Originally posted by Zemnieks11
      WWSF 44% is high but still you are loosing a lot at non-showdown..how this is possible? giving up a lot preflop?
      Fongie wrote in my thread in the swedish community that my fold CB to raise was too low given my 25% WTSD, and said that I'm probably calling flop and folding turn, or calling flop, turn and folding river and therefore losing a lot at non showdown.

Thanks for all the response guys! :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Some super helpful advice and insight in this thread! It takes effort to produce answers like these and we're all grateful for it.

Now all we need is osvosv to make best use of them and go crush those games! :s_evil:

Very best regards,

Mal.
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      I'm in.
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi guys,
      Some super helpful advice and insight in this thread! It takes effort to produce answers like these and we're all grateful for it.

Now all we need is osvosv to make best use of them and go crush those games! :s_evil:

Very best regards,

Mal.
      Yes, I really appreciate the effort from everyone! :) I'll try to remember to post a follow up post later when my graph looks nicer thanks to you guys! :D
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well your folding a bit to much to 3bet. You should get this down to around 55-60%.

Your generally not folding enough postflop. Your should probably be folding around 60% vs a flop raise where your only folding 40% and only 20% in 3-bet pots on a limit where players probably dont bluff enough. You also get a little sticky against double and tripple barrel vs a generally passive player pool.

You might be a bit to lose on the SB. Try running a HM filter where you select your position to SB, then deselect your value hands(55+ ATs+ KJs+, KQo,AJo+) and then you will see how your doing with the weak part of your range. You can do this for every position.
      Remember that when you do this on the SB your result should be better then -50bb/100 since thats what you would lose if you'd folded. If your losing more then -50bb then your better off folding the weaker part of your range.
      You can also set your filter by action such as where you call in the sb or when you open first in. You should probably do this for every postion to see how your doing with weaker part of your range.

Other then that your stats look really solid. Really not many huge leaks can be found from your stats. You could be losing money by being a bit to sticky postflop or being spewy in some spots. Its only 50k hands so you could easily just be running bad. Its very easy to lose the 5bb that makes a difference from being break even to being a decent winner. Just making a bad call in a big pot once every 1k hands will do it.