fizgigace

• fizgigace
      fizgigace
      Bronze
      Hello, I've been playing poker about last 4 months. I started playing fullring NL2 with 90 dollars. I've watched hasenbratens micro stakes session videos, beginners course videos and read most of the articles. For the introduction I'll put my graphs and only basic stats from all the limits I've played. They're not pretty. :f_biggrin:

NL2: didn't go as easy as I thought.

NL6: next limit also didn't go very well. Basically played breakeven. This is a crazy graph. :D

NL10: still I managed to get my bankroll ready for NL10. For some reason I started playing better.

NL20: tried playing two times here, lost alot of money from my bankroll. For now i think I will play NL10 for longer and try to increase my winrate.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Earn some extra money, spend some free time.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Can't fold my hands when situation isn't profitable anymore. Sometimes start playing spewy, especially when moving up limits. Go on tilt easily and wont stop playing. I have all type of tilts that exist. X( Not learning consistently. Usually play a lot and then learn some and then play again a lot.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Playing good selected starting hands agressively. There will be less diffciult situations post flop.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Well, seems that you are already doing great in most of the stakes you have played. It's really common at at some spot you have move down the stakes and take again shot at smaller ones to build up the pot. Rather get used to moving up/down and adjust to that. Since if you wont then most likely can gamble away your bankroll.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Common problem also not to concentrate on learning phase. I mean why should we learn? We practically know that we will learn some new trick there or read something new for us. Also for example how to play specific hand. Why not then just watch a video or so and learn something new which will help us to earn more money. As this was your target as well. :)

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Sorry for delayed answer because of the Christmas hurry.