From FR to Shorthanded

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      I was wandering, when it is a proper time to go from FR to SH. What is reccomended? I have played, around 30k hands on FR, my winrate is around 4BB/100 hands, and so on....

As far as I saw, the SH is much more difficult to play..

any suggestions?

Thx
  • 6 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Shorthanded play is much more aggressive than fullring is. In my opinion you should play SH with a more conservative bankroll management. Give it a try, makes a lot of fun!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      SH is much more aggresive and action-ladden than FR since you play a lot more hands. That means you need to feel secure about your game, and have good post-flop skills. The plus side is that its much fishier and you have no shortstack problems.

I would play some lower limits SH for the beginning to get used to the format.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      and you have no shortstack problems.
      ... jlkSLKDJLASJLASJDJ:LA X( shortstacks.

it's almost as bad in SH. this is because you are raising such a wide range of hands in position, and if they reraise you, you're very often forced to call. worst is when shortie is in the SB and you are raising to steal the bigstack's big blind. if a shortstack is in the big blind at least i will tighten up with my stealrange..
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I don't like shortstacks at fullring tables but at 6max tables i HATE them :>
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anstaendig
      I don't like shortstacks at fullring tables but at 6max tables i HATE them :>
      well at least most of them are fish... there's just the occasional Canadian 2p2er and 1-2 Germans who are developing the strategy; they're really annoying, but at least they're pretty easy to play...
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Of course they are easy to play but I have to keep my steelrange smaller with shortstacks at the table... Thats annnoying!