Top Poker News Stories of 2011

• BarryCarter
      Hi Guys,

I am writing a feature about the biggest news stories of 2011.

Obviously, Black Friday and the Full Tilt Saga are the top 2 (not sure which order) - I doubt anyone would argue otherwise.

But I'd love to get your feedback on what you think were the biggest news stories in the poker world this year. I already have my own top 5, but I can still be budged (Not telling you what mine are though, otherwise there is no point me writing it).

What really stood out for you in 2011?
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I just read your top 5, and more-or-less agree. If it weren't for EPL's Epic Fail, though, they would not have been newsworthy in the slightest. Hopefully they will fall off the map this year.

The biggest story around Black Friday, though, is how dangerous it is to deal with any company regulated by US Law. The DoJ's high-handed and arbitrary seizure of domains essentially punished thousands of people (the players) -- all without a trial. The fact that an accusation of wrongdoing could create such a massive disruption even without a conviction seems somehow contrary to the doctrine of "innocent until proven guilty"

In the future, I presume that there will be poker sites appearing that are regulated by American entities. Players should be aware that all of their dealings with these sites will be subject to scrutiny by Homeland Security.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Damn :( missed this thread first time round

Just read the article though and they are just what i would have said, another great well written article keep em comin