180 mans turbos on stars reg fest?

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I haven't been alot on stars and I don't know how the MTTSNGS are. Some people tells me that they only are filled with regs. Is that true? And if that's the case what buy in do they get so "reggish" at?

You got to excuse me for my bad English!

I am thankful for all input!
  • 8 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      As my english isn't perfect either, I am kind of predestined to answer your question^^

From what I experienced (and I don't have an amazing samplesize but play them from time to time to get enough tables) the 180s are all beatable with a nice ROI. It's true that they are kind of reggish beginning with the 15$ 180's. Lower BI's aren't reggish at all imo. But even the 15$ 180's are kind of easy to beat depending on your skill level and Turbo experience.

The lower BI's are very fishy imo. The higher you climb the more regs you will find.

Hope this helps a bit.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      +1 To Asaban's oppinion.

I would like to add, that u should expect a lot of variance and have a big bankroll if u want to play 180man Turbo SnGs. A BRM of 300+BI would be very recommendable for a player inexperienced at MT SnGs.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Used to play alot of 120 at FTP when those we possible to play, thought they we real easy to beat. think it was at the autumn of 2010.
      But as stars dosen't have 1$ 180 man anymore, it's kinda not inviting anymore.
      The part of this was to play with a friend of mine that would also play 180 and we would build new rolls with 200 bi at the level. He and me are MTT players.

But as they are starting at 3.5$ it's not the same thing :( .
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saren113
      Used to play alot of 120 at FTP when those we possible to play, thought they we real easy to beat. think it was at the autumn of 2010.
      But as stars dosen't have 1$ 180 man anymore, it's kinda not inviting anymore.
      The part of this was to play with a friend of mine that would also play 180 and we would build new rolls with 200 bi at the level. He and me are MTT players.

But as they are starting at 3.5$ it's not the same thing :( .
      They start @ $2.50. You could also count $1 180man hyper-turbos :O
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Nvm, wasn't as tough as i expected them to be. A friend of mine played a 15$ 180 , he started with 8$ and he have taken some shots. I gave him simple guidelines, as what I thought were the best play. And we managed to come top 3 and finnished at 3 place AK vs JJ, but we were going for the win.
      Thought the regs were very exploitble and played very basic, and to tight.
      took 1 and a half hour. He sent me 15$ for the help.

The games were kinda soft to be 15$ :O . Prob going in with 200 bi starting at 2.50.  
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - most regulars play 9 tables+x. Therefore their play is kinda standartized and exploitable. Everything that matters for regs is their hourly. So they play as many tables as possible to maximize it. Playing less tables might give you some edge. But be warned: Playing a 15$ 180men and getting 3rd instantly doesn't mean that you beat the games. It's just a big upswing ;)

Like Atoks has already mentioned: the variance is enormous. Swings of 100 BI's are kinda normal. So better have a defensive BRM.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Soft isn't the right word, for me their plays were exploitble, as for example: UTG pushes blinds are 500/1k he got around 5.5 bb in his stack it's kinda obvious he pushes any 2 in that spot I would rather push loose then to whipe my FE away. I told him to snapcall with A7o he did. And he won the hand. I wouldn't push any 2 but i would push 80% atleast.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Saren113
      Soft isn't the right word, for me their plays were exploitble, as for example: UTG pushes blinds are 500/1k he got around 5.5 bb in his stack it's kinda obvious he pushes any 2 in that spot I would rather push loose then to whipe my FE away. I told him to snapcall with A7o he did. And he won the hand. I wouldn't push any 2 but i would push 80% atleast.
      snap calling with a7 in that spot is very very bad (obv depending on your stack size and position, is ok if all fold u r bb and u have something like 15-20bb and that call is prety much break even call)