This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Seeing wrong (better) cards

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Has this happened to you?
      A few times some days ago, I saw better cards than I had. For example: flop comes A97, I have QT, but when I looked at my hand then I saw the flop as T97 giving me top pair. Had 4 tables open and had played a 3-4 hours a day for some time. It happened 5 times or more that session.
  • 10 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Has this happened to you?
      A few times some days ago, I saw better cards than I had. For example: flop comes A97, I have QT, but when I looked at my hand then I saw the flop as T97 giving me top pair. Had 4 tables open and had played a 3-4 hours a day for some time. It happened 5 times or more that session.
      Hello ZeroDegrees :)
      Great to see your still around :)

You could get a bigger screen or visit your local opticians :s_cool:

Only Joking i have done this before too :f_biggrin:

Roo
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Yeah this happens occasionally; though it always seems to be that I've missed and think I've hit, rather than vice versa --- wonder why?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I haven't actually done that one, but I have got it all in 8TA with 88 only to find out it was 86. Oh and my fav, all in preflop with AA - oh no -it's A4o wtf!? Sigh - reload.

Regards,

Mal.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      @roo Likewise bro!

@ains I guess strong wish to win. Very good in poker and life.

@Mal I flopped a set too this week, until turn or river after rejoycing over the great action i noticed I had an underpair :f_biggrin: . Guess you didnt win any of your genius moves either?!

Noticed one kind of 'misread' yesterday that I can explain. Had 4 tables open. On the upper left I caught a glimpse of 66 and then turned my attention to the other tables. When the turn come to that table I had 63o. What had happened was that it had been folded to me in BB and then a new hand had been dealt.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Happens occasionally, I think I have a straight when I actually just have 4th pair. I think I have a set because I have 33 on one table and the flop is 3xx on another :D
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yesterday something similar happened to me when i was playing hu sngs. I raised with A7 of spades, my man called. Flop came T62, he check raised me, i put him allin and he snap called. It turned out that i had A6s and he had 52 :D
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Silver
      Once I thought I had A4o and I folded preflop. It was AA
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheMoment
      Its better than the other way around isnt it..
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Can't recall any major misreads. I can recall a couple of QQ folds pre-flop in rush poker... :(
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheMoment

Week ago I made the same thing, when I had 8 tables opened:D