[NL2-NL10] How can i learn to fold AA KK QQ JJ ?

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I would like to know if there is anything i can do, so that i can reduce the outcome of theese kind of hands?
      Specially the last one, where i am a little deep, and i get shoved with 88's

With the 88 and the JJ it is the same player.

the one with the 88, where i am deep, i have the huge leak thinking "what the hell" when im over 250-300bb and the opp is around 100.

I always seem to get a setup when i am deep, and i like a lot, if i could be better to avoid theese setup's, so i can play 500bb and more, until no one wants to play me.

Theese hands have im been thinking a lot about, and it is actually them that removes me from being winning in sh.

Any advice on the hands?
      And also some kind of advice of leaving the table.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $5.23
      BTN: $4.00 20/12 @ 168h
      SB: $5.77
      BB: $1.60
      UTG: $10.78

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.36, BTN raises to $4.00 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.64

Flop: ($8.06, 2 players) 4:heart: 2:diamond: 4:club:

Turn: ($8.06, 2 players) 3:club:

River: ($8.06, 2 players) 4:diamond:

Hero shows J:diamond: J:heart: (Full House, Fours full of Jacks) (PreFlop 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows K:heart: K:club: (Full House, Fours full of Kings) (PreFlop 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      BTN wins $7.66

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $4.32
      UTG: $2.09
      MP: $3.56
      Hero (CO): $4.00
      BTN: $4.07
      SB: $4.18 23/23 @ 13h

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, SB raises to $0.48, fold, Hero calls $0.36, fold

Flop: ($1.12, 2 players) T:diamond: J:spade: 3:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.92, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB bets $1.08, Hero calls $1.08

River: ($4.08, 2 players) 7:spade:
      SB bets $2.22 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.04 and is all-in

SB shows A:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks K:club: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      SB wins $0.00
      SB wins $7.76

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

MP: $4.00
      CO: $5.03
      BTN: $4.99 20/12 @ 168h
      Hero (SB): $13.84
      BB: $4.30
      UTG: $2.69

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 8:club: 8:spade:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.68, fold, fold, BTN raises to $4.99 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.31

Flop: ($10.06, 2 players) 5:diamond: 7:heart: Q:spade:

Turn: ($10.06, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: ($10.06, 2 players) 5:spade:

Hero shows 8:club: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Eights and Fives) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 12%, Turn 14%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 88%, Turn 86%)
      BTN wins $9.56
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      hi martinemem.... i believe this is the wrong part of the forum but i will give my 2c..

Hand 1:
      I don't think you should be playing for stacks with JJ... OOP calling a 3bet is bad (maybe call if you are IP) but otherwise fold JJ to 3bet. you are most likely up against QQ+ and at best AK which is a flip - do you want to flip with 100BB effective stacks?

Hand 2:
      probably just 4bet shove and get it all-in pre. no point in letting him catch up if you are ahead. since you were up against AA then its a cooler and just unlucky. my question is why do you bet $0.40 on the flop?? unless you saw it as an opportunity to make the SB raise you i dont get it it's less than 50% of the pot which is still too low. you are giving awesome odds to someone to call on a draw. bet something like $1. but yeah, no need to drag out the hand - just ship it preflop.

Hand 3:
      you call a 4bet shove with pocket 88... no need to comment on why you lost that hand really lol.

maybe you should practice leaving the table once you are deep. you say you want to avoid these setups so you can play 500bb and more until no one wants to play with you. there is no point in trying to do this imo - if it happens, it happens but dont look for it. that shouldnt be the reason why you want to make +400BB - you should just try and play the best game you can and pushing it so that you play 500BB deep until nobody wants to play you will do nothing for your game.. sounds like you are just looking for an ego stroke.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Hand 1: I don't think you should be playing for stacks with JJ... OOP calling a 3bet is bad (maybe call if you are IP) but otherwise fold JJ to 3bet. you are most likely up against QQ+ and at best AK which is a flip - do you want to flip with 100BB effective stacks?

Here im confused. Am i supposed to see a 3-bet as a monster? Anyway, i think i will concider an extra time when i get a 3-bet with JJ OOP.

Hand 2: probably just 4bet shove and get it all-in pre. no point in letting him catch up if you are ahead. since you were up against AA then its a cooler and just unlucky. my question is why do you bet $0.40 on the flop?? unless you saw it as an opportunity to make the SB raise you i dont get it it's less than 50% of the pot which is still too low. you are giving awesome odds to someone to call on a draw. bet something like $1. but yeah, no need to drag out the hand - just ship it preflop.

Well that is something i actually never have done with KK AA and so, maybe i play theese hands too carefully. Im just always afraid of a fold if i ship it preflop. But thanks, i will surdenly do some of that with my KK.

Hand 3: you call a 4bet shove with pocket 88... no need to comment on why you lost that hand really lol.

I know this was an insane bad call, but i see now, why i should fold, since i should ship it with KK =)

you should just try and play the best game you can and pushing it so that you play 500BB deep until nobody wants to play you will do nothing for your game.. sounds like you are just looking for an ego stroke.

First let me point out. I take my game very seriusly. And because of that, i actually thought it would boost my game, if i got to a 500bb+ sesion, and still survive, until im alone, and can quit.
      Secondly, should i make a bb rule, or just leave when there is only nit's left?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello martinemem,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Also please don't post more than 1 hand per thread, so we can concentrate on 1 hand. Thanks!

Hand #1
      I am folding this hand rather than play for the stacks. :) Neither I don't see anything you mentioned that we can play for the stacks.

Hand #2
      On those stakes just 4bet and go broke. :) No need to pick any fancy plays.

Hand #3
      Why do you 3bet??!?! Just go for the set value and play it postflop.

Best Regards.