$2.74
      UTG:
      $1.13
      MP1:
      $2.06
      CO:
      $1.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.16, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.48) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP1 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.08) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP1 calls $0.26.

River: ($1.60) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $1.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Kd 8d)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and sevens (As Ad)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and sevens (As Ad)

Not sure what I should do post flop here; check fold flop/ Cbet flop check fold turn/ value bet 3 streets? Checking the river obviously leaves me really exposed to a bluff.

Should I see the turn and river cards as bricks - ie he's either got the straight / 2pair / set on the flop or I'm ahead? :f_confused:
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AndyWB,

Why do you Bet so weak on the turn? You are just telling him that you have a weak hand, rather make a normal Bet size and avoid inducing bluffs.

Best Regards.
    • AndyWB
      AndyWB
      Bronze
      Ok, I feel weak and I bet weak. Should I Cbet flop and pot bet the turn? I dont feel that going broke on this hand is good (pre flop is ok, but not post) so im not really sure how to play it.

Thanks for your advice,

Andy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AndyWB
      Ok, I feel weak and I bet weak. Should I Cbet flop and pot bet the turn? I dont feel that going broke on this hand is good (pre flop is ok, but not post) so im not really sure how to play it.

Thanks for your advice,

Andy
      Why not CB? We need to protect our hand. :)
    • AndyWB
      AndyWB
      Bronze
      So 2/3rds pot on turn? I know that TPTK (ie A9) will call down all the way here (in NL2) so if I keep getting check called I feel beat (and will be by 2 pair + alot of the time). I guess I'm just unsure of where the line between Cbet with the best marginal hand and throwing money away is here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AndyWB
      So 2/3rds pot on turn? I know that TPTK (ie A9) will call down all the way here (in NL2) so if I keep getting check called I feel beat (and will be by 2 pair + alot of the time). I guess I'm just unsure of where the line between Cbet with the best marginal hand and throwing money away is here.
      ~$0,60 or something similar would be my Bet.