Charmander's Blog

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

After stopping for a while, I have decided to restart playing some poker and try to grind my way up to playing NL50 eventually. I dont want to write a huge page introducing myself and trying to convince everyone that I will have success in poker and trying to show everyone that Im willing to make the efforts to become good. So here it is:

Im depositing 500$ on William Hill to play NL10 FR using the BSS, will go up to NL25 If I make it to around 800$. Going to use HEM2

I decided mainly to try poker because I have been trading stocks with a 5k$ accoutn and well im getting used to losing/winning money, maybe it will help in poker. (If anyone wants to talk about stocks hit me up :s_grin: ). I also play SC2 at Masters level.

Neways, will try and update atleast once every few days with graphs (I love graphs)
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Oh hello there CHARMANDER06! :) welcome to our blogs section!

I'm happy you're back at the tables and you seem more determined than ever! I'm also into trading, although stopped last year and cashed out a nice sum :D

We have many SC2 players here :heart: best of luck to you!
      Ingrid
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      For those interested, I bought for 400 shares of this a month ago.. here is awesome graph :s_cool:

By charmander06 at 2011-12-22
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Alright, so after several hours I finally figured out how HEM2 works and made myself a decent HUD

I got Vpip/PFR/3Bet and Hands. And for popup thing, in VPIP I put Fold 2CBet, Fold 2Cbet Turn, Fold to Steal, Limp, Limp Fold, Limp reraise and WTSD. In PFR I put raise first EP, Raise first MP, CBet, CBetT and Steal. And In 3Bet I put Fold to 3Bet, 4Bet, fold 2 4bet and Squeeze. Should be enough to start out hehe.

ALso I just did my 500$ deposit. Got 1K bonus to clear so I better get to it :s_biggrin:
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      gl with your game. I´m currently playing BSS myself, on NL5 and NL10.

how easy is it to get started trading online? do you need more money to start out that in poker?
      Are there any good sites that help you get started? (like pokerstrategy.com for poker)
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qnb07
      gl with your game. I´m currently playing BSS myself, on NL5 and NL10.

how easy is it to get started trading online? do you need more money to start out that in poker?
      Are there any good sites that help you get started? (like pokerstrategy.com for poker)

Investopedia.com explains lots of stuff, but seriously the best way to learn is by talking about it with someone who knows more than you and by actually trading hehe. I also read a tons of book about it, but it doesnt help that much. Its only good to get the basic concepts. Any of those books that are like Get rich by doing X is just wrong because well you cant get rich by trading if your doing what everyone else is doing hehe
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

Just finished my first session! Im down 1 Buy In =x, kinda rusty hehe. Going to need to post lots of hands in forums always felt like I was putting myself into tough spots.

Cheers
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey! I have been kind of busy with the holidays and stuff but I got almost 2k hands in so far. And well Im not doing too good hehe. However, the more I play the more I feel in control even if my graph is not very pretty. Last night I played a 2h session 6 tabling. I didnt run so good (-2BIs) but I felt like I was playing better than when I started 1 week ago. However, im still getting a hard time to fold kings and aces, but it will come with time I suppose hehe. I moved down to NL5 for 2-3 sessions and each time I came out positive, felt soo much easier than NL10.

Anyways here is my graph so far (kinda fishy hehe, but it will improve eventually once I get better and put more volume into it.)

Starting BR: 540$

Current BR: 491$

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      I found an a graph from when I was playing SnGs a year ago on my photobucket account when uploading my NL10 graph.. I think it looks pretty nice so I wanted to show it :D (feel less like a fish ahha). This was playing 3$ SnGs at Partypoker

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Got gold status baby