[NL20-NL50] [Nl25 Sh] Aa

• RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      The guy looked like a big fish. He played very loose and aggressive. We played a couple of hands with him and none of them was like a walk in the park for me. He always raised me, floated me after calling resteals etc.

So in this hand I assume that he calls my 3bet with almost all hands in his steal range. And that's a lot, I assume that it will be about 40%. It's not 100% because he limped some hands too.

Flop and turn are standart, but river is a really tough spot. I don't think that AK is in his range, because probably he would 4bet it preflop. But hands like KT-KQ are definetely there. He would probably call them on flop and he never folds turn with them either.

So I decided to check/call the river since the valubet here would be too thin. But after he shoved I assume that I have called just because of tilt and not because calling is superior here. Do you think folding is better?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $10.29 (41.2 bb)
      MP: $26.13 (104.5 bb)
      CO: $29.02 (116.1 bb)
      BTN: $15 (60 bb)
      Hero (SB): $32.79 (131.2 bb)
      BB: $25.35 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 7 2 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

Turn: ($11.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO calls $6

River: ($23.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $17.52 and is all-in, Hero calls $17.52
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not fold aces that spot. He may always pick up some flushdraw and now shoving as bluff. Also he may turn his 44/55 type hands into bluffs, since you should never have there very strong hand.

Best regards,
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      if you not folding aces then you call with TT+ in this spot as well?
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      hey, against players with whom you have some dynamic and who are willing to call you down , you could have raised bigger pre flop about 3 or 3.5 and then bet pot on flop and shove the turn.Fish don't really think about bet sizing all they see is a call button and a fold button. He will call you down with all sorts of hands and you can easily stack him. I really do not understand half pot bets on flop and turn when the opponent is willing to call you down with worse.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      you could have raised bigger pre flop about 3 or 3.5 and then bet pot on flop and shove the turn.Fish don't really think about bet sizing all they see is a call button and a fold button.

it's a bit difficult for me to agree with you. I'm absolutely sure that there are some fish that really don't care about the sizing. but until I know that that the current villain is this type I prefer to use standart bets.

I really do not understand half pot bets on flop and turn when the opponent is willing to call you down with worse.

the reasoning is very simple. I'm way ahead both on flop and turn. there's no such a hand that has more than 5 outs versus me.

my sizing is fine to make a less the pot sized bet on the river and stack him off, so I really don't see the reason to bet bigger. maybe slightly bigger though. i.e. to have 14$ left on the river with 28$ pot
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RandomGenerator
      if you not folding aces then you call with TT+ in this spot as well?
      problem with TT-QQ is that I might easily check turn, since I would not go bet/bet/shove against that player. But very likely yes, not going to fold turn and river if he wants to get all-in, since there he can literally have anything if he decided to float flop.
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver

the reasoning is very simple. I'm way ahead both on flop and turn. there's no such a hand that has more than 5 outs versus me.

my sizing is fine to make a less the pot sized bet on the river and stack him off, so I really don't see the reason to bet bigger. maybe slightly bigger though. i.e. to have 14$ left on the river with 28$ pot
      All I am saying is that you could take unbalanced lines against fish with nuts , like potting flop and turn to get max value instead of making your standard half pot bets. I don't think balance should be a big consideration against NL25 fish.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      autheking, did I say anything about balance? I have no idea how balancing relates to my betsizing.
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      hey, sorry I thought you were betting half pot because its your standard bet size. I would still bet big on each street, but whatever works for you. Good luck at the tables!