This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 12 outs on the turn but bad play overall?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.11
      Hero:
      $4.6
      MP2:
      $5.07
      MP3:
      $4.46
      CO:
      $3.77
      BU:
      $0.72

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , T:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.30) Q:spade: , 8:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.48, CO raises to $1.02, Hero?????.

Turn: ($2.34) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.76, Hero ????

I think I played this hand pretty badly. I'd been cold decked so many times that day that I wasn't thinking straight! I'm pretty sure I should have shoved the flop after the 3-bet and/or raised him bigger after the flop bet??? What about the turn? Is this a shove too? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Why do you min-raise on the flop? :D Raising is of course fine but I don't really see why we should min-raise there? As we continue and we get 3bet like this while we even getting somewhat odds I'd just Call and reevaluate it on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Why do you min-raise on the flop? :D Raising is of course fine but I don't really see why we should min-raise there? As we continue and we get 3bet like this while we even getting somewhat odds I'd just Call and reevaluate it on the turn.

Best Regards.

Yeah I played it a bit wacky.. What about the turn though? Do you shove, call or fold here?

Thanks
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Think I would 3 bet this hand preflop tho.
      As played I would shove the flop for sure. And if he got something like topp pair we are a favorite. On this flop a set is pretty unlikely.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Turn is of course fold. :) Why do you want to continue there? You have just a draw and you will rarely have any fold equity.