Elephant has stopped working ...

• sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      So out of nowhere, elephant does not want to open. I try and it just says "the elephant has stopped working - windows is looking for a solution to the problem". or something along those lines

Pretty certain i didnt change anything on my computer between the yesterday (where it worked fine) and today (where elephant does work).

Im using Windows Vista btw.

Any simple solution? im not good at computers, so i havent been able to find any solution myself. have barely tried, but i wouldnt know where to start.

Help please ! <3<3
  • 9 replies
    • sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Okay so i followed someones advice in a similiar thread, and deleted all the things called user.config inside pokerstrategy.com folder.

Now that ended up deleting all my databases, and probably also all my data :(

But now when i try to create a new database it gives me some weird error, basically no matter what i try to name the new database

it says: "Connection to database server lost! Further informations: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "my elephant"
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey sebsejr,

deleting the user.config file does not mess with your database in any way.

Try creating a new database with the name of your old/default one.

Also, your postgreSQL username might be different. Open up start -> run and type "cmd".

Enter "net user" in the newly openend window and you'll get a list of currently availble windows users. One of them is your postgreSQL service account.
      You need this postgreSQL service account to create a new (same name as your previous database) database.
    • sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Okay sorry guys! i figured it out

Also because of another thread. mrk1988 you are awesome ! <3 thanks!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:

Merry Christmas!
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      "the elephant has stopped working - windows is looking for a solution to the problem"

i get the same message. however it never worked on my pc. i use WIN 7. any pointers how to find the issue?

BTW i'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with my windows. have problems running some other porgrams aswell. too lazy to reinstall windows - would be nice if anyone pointed out an easier solution.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

Try to start the elephant as an administrator. Right click on the icon and then the point start as administrator. Maybe it will work?
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Hallo!

Try to start the elephant as an administrator. Right click on the icon and then the point start as administrator. Maybe it will work?
      tried that before. doesn't work
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey skaloon,

ther is no other "easy" solution to this. If deleting your user.config changes nothing - you surely tried reinstalling already?

Try to patch up your operating system anyways - we can only provide you with support if there are no operating system issues 'in the way'.
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Hey skaloon,

ther is no other "easy" solution to this. If deleting your user.config changes nothing - you surely tried reinstalling already?

Try to patch up your operating system anyways - we can only provide you with support if there are no operating system issues 'in the way'.
      ok thanks for the answer