Good Strategy or Multi-tables

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi thanks for the starting capital.

I have been a might curious about poker for a while but i always thought you need like a huge capital to start.

I have been reading the threads and I noticed two schools of thought.
      1. Play slow - build skills and improve
      2. Play many - play up to 8 tables and clear the bonus fast.

Now, since I want to learn to read players better, improve my patience and sharpen my perception. I opt for the first but since I want to preserve my capital and play good BRM. I am staying in the 0.10/0.20 cent range until i hit $90. But that could take quite a while but it helps me if I can figure roughly how long.

Any advice for a noobie.

P.S. Cool articles.
  • 3 replies
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      advice is stick to the BRM and don't move up so fast.

NL10 is just perfect. Read the Strategies that are on PS. They are very much useful.

Play by them, Follow them and you won't LOSE big. Have a Copy of the SHC if you are quite new to Poker.

Minimize the number of hands you play. Play strong hands and win big.

It might take time but thats the exchange. You might lose the bankroll if you move up. And if you want to learn and improve faster, i suggest 1 table only.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Thanks RMB....

I think I will definitely play slow cause I enjoy the game and watching the other players and seeing what they do with their cards is kinda fun. The money really is a bonus.

I use Poker to unwind since its like .45 for like 30 minutes or an hour, its cheaper and less mind numbing than blackjack. But I gotta say... alot of the guys here must play a heck of lot. 10,000 sp in a lifetime is alot. 10,000 in a month is wow.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      hehe thats probably right.. 10000 sp ain't easy.

But some maybe even live on their poker profit.

It's all about learning and experience. And remember to take a break when your on tilt..