BB ($11.27)
      CO ($18.89)
      Hero ($18.51)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 9:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15, fold

FLOP ($0.50) Q:club: 8:spade: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB calls $0.35

TURN ($1.20) Q:club: 8:spade: J:spade: T:diamond:

SB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.80, SB raises to $8.40, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $2.69 (AI)

RIVER ($23.38) Q:club: 8:spade: J:spade: T:diamond: 6:club:

SB: 60/13/1.3 fold ot cbet 13, 54 hands

BB: nit

Flop is ok I think, I still can get calls from weaker hands, he almost never folds t o cbets.

Now turn - looks like he got something. He could have a straght, even better than mine is posible (AK, K9), but AK not very likely. But as well could be TT, QT, or some slowplayed set or two pair but probably not very likely. So stacking off is probably bad idea. I should just call probably. The river could bring even worse cards, but my straight is too weak.
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, SPeedFANat1c!

Since he's so passive I don't think it's worth it so take a very aggressive line against him with a vulnerable hand. We need 33% Eq. and probably have it, I'd at best just call and evaluate river.

Why do you think AK is unlikely? I see loose/passive players do play AK passively like that quite often.

Anyway, we might even playing super aggro and end up only splitting. And I think the board is so obvious even a very bad player would have a hard time calling two pairs type of hands - unless he is a complete maniac and reraises you as a bluff there I don't see the point of playing for stacks. And mind that you are almost 120BB deep.

So I'd just call. If he pots again on the river I wouldn't be happy but according to our turn plan I'd probably just call again and hope for a split a decent amount of time. I'm not so confident we'd still have 33% Eq. once he pots twice though.

That in case of a blank. The good think is by calling you can even fold on any K, A, and maaaaybe spades - especially if he pots it. I don't think this guy will be bluffing super often and I don't see him going crazy with QJ too though that might happen some times. And I often think we don't need to hurry too much vs. this kind of player and get ourself into very funky/thin spots as better and clearer spots will very likely appear.