NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.07)
      BB ($16.52)
      UTG ($12.84)
      UTG+1 ($29.52)
      Hero ($20.52)
      BTN ($16.76)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 4:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($2.05) 4:spade: 6:heart: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($2.25) 4:spade: 6:heart: 9:heart: 5:heart:

Hero bets $1.30, BTN raises to $2.60, Hero folds

BTN wins $4.61

60/13/1.3, 3bet 22, 54 hands

turn easy bet/fold? There are lot of better hands.
  • 7 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, SPeedFANat1c.

What a messy hand :)

To be honest, I don't like isoing there so wide unless UTG+1 folds waaay too much pre AND post flop. Our hand does need some FE postflop to be played profitably.

That said, I like the iso even more with such a loose player still to act behind. That means on top of a weak hand we will also not have position. If we had position vs. the two weak players, then I'd like it a lot since our hand does have some potential.

Since you are CO and the BTN is a loose/passive, depending on who are the blinds you can even limp as well. With nice stack to pot ratios in a limped pot you give yourself more implieds in exchange for the FE.

Since we hit two pair on the turn I'd just go ahead and call down, we now beat all his bluffs PLUS all his big overpairs. There is no way you can "protect" your hand since he's probably not folding and once you raise you both isolate yourself vs. stronger range and get into funky spots since he might 3bet you on that turn with many overpairs with one heart.

Against such a bad player I'd probably check/call turn and on any non heart river I'd probably check/call or even check/shove for him to call me with AA/KK/QQ etc. If he bets again on a heart I'm most likely just folding river, unfortunately.

As played the turn is closer but I think you can still find a shove if you're not afraid of variance since he does have a damn wide range, you are probably ahead and he will call you with any :heart: . But it's close so I don't think folding is a huge mistake as well.

Ok, yeah, I ran the trouble:

Board: 9:heart: 6:heart: 4:spade:  5:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    33.92%  33.92%   0.00% { 99+, A9s, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, A9o, AdKh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AsKh, AcKh, AdQh, AhQd, AhQs, AhQc, AsQh, AcQh, AdJh, AhJd, AhJs, AhJc, AsJh, AcJh, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh }
      MP3    66.08%  66.08%   0.00% { 5c4c }

And even if we give him a much tighter range without any A9 there:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    38.76%  38.76%   0.00% { 99+, A9s, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, AdKh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AsKh, AcKh, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh }
      MP3    61.24%  61.24%   0.00% { 5c4c }

So we are not fistpumping but still a bit ahead.

If we give him many more suited connectors of hearts, still:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.68%  40.68%   0.00% { 99+, A9s, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Th9h, 9h8h, 8h7h, AdKh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AsKh, AcKh, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh }
      MP3    59.32%  59.32%   0.00% { 5c4c }

Problem is: we are narrowing his range a lot and I don't think it's narrow at all. I do think it consists mostly of pairs + heart and broadways + heart and only some odd broadway hearts suited hand against which we're crushed.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Problem is: we are narrowing his range a lot and I don't think it's narrow at all.

But if we bet and he raises - he shows aggression, and when such passive player starst showing aggression, its very likely that he has something good, and the board also offers completed draws.

Since we hit two pair on the turn I'd just go ahead and call down, we now beat all his bluffs PLUS all his big overpairs.

there you meant c/c ? I didn't like c/c because I think I can easily loose value vs his weak hands which he might not turn into a bluff.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      First thing, I did make a mistake when I evaluated the hand. I saw his 22% 3bet and thought of a wide 3betting range; but the sample is terribly misleading. What I think about the hand doesn't chance much though, as he's probably quite a poor player.

Yes, he is showing aggression and he does have a strong hand. Question is: what does a bad player consider to be a strong hand? For example, they usually don't fold AA doesn't matter how ugly the board gets.

It's hard to tell without seeing him playing though.

But if we assume he is passive, it gets even easier. If he *is* passive, he has even less value hands in his range. Or you think a passive player would 3bet 87s pre? Probably not 99 too.

So he has like one combo of AK, one of AQ, as we are pretty much done with.

Tight ranges cant't have many draws...
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

there you meant c/c ? I didn't like c/c because I think I can easily loose value vs his weak hands which he might not turn into a bluff.
      Oh, no, I didn't mean check/call. Call down is: call turn, call river. So once we bet and get minraised, I meant call turn (call his raise, not 3bet it) and probably check/call river.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But if we assume he is passive, it gets even easier. If he *is* passive, he has even less value hands in his range. Or you think a passive player would 3bet 87s pre? Probably not 99 too. So he has like one combo of AK, one of AQ, as we are pretty much done with.

He is passive, but maybe this time he was on tilt and so 3bet preflop with wide range? Also there might be AQs AKs which could complete a FD.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Isolating here is totally fine, especially when you even have the position here.
      Postflop: Well, what's your plan with the Bet on the turn? Your Bet size rather indicates that you trying to block it. If you want to protect your hand and after him betting so weak on the flop is okey to donk out but I would definitely donk it out like "man" would do it not make it so weak, mine would be ~$1,80 at least and then fold to the raise.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      my plan on turn was bet/fold. I bet not big because flush is completed, so not to scare him. But yeah, might be bad, because it looks weak and he might want to bluff me out. Or then as luizsilveira said I have to bet/call.