This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Good Play or did I chicken out?

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I was playing a NL10 table for an hour. It was fun but I had a series of hands that made me think a bit and I wanted your takes on it.

I was playing a table full of bluffers. I think out of 10, only one was playing tight. Others were just playing with absolutely nothing, mixed hands or worst. Most of the time, they would get a small pair on the river but generally pretty lucky. their bank was all going sideways.

Anyways, I played super tight. Only really playing with very strong hands. So I folded alot and I noticed for five straight hands, I gave up 3 flushes, 1 straight flush, a three of a kind and a 4 of a kind. Generally, I have no regrets cause given the same choice, I rather play smart than guess and hope but the last hand before I finish is what's got me curious.

I got JJ on the early position. First player called, so I called. But I got raised by 5 players. I basically knew they were bluffing but with what I had. I felt I could lose to luck so I folded. Was I right or did I just chicken out? end of the day, I didnt win or lose. one of the bluffers won with a pair of twos.

Also, side issue.. I usually time my outs around the big blind. Once I felt I had enough for the day, I wait until the game where I am the next BB to quit. Is that like bad manners?
  • 8 replies
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      You should really read and reread the articles on this site. I suspect you've got a lot of hudge leaks in your game.

About the big blind thing: everyone leaves when the big blind gets to them, so that is standard, no bad manners.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice man..

I do keep reading the articles over and over because I dont get it right away. I am still early in my play and I notice a lot of juvi mistakes then I got back to where i think I made that mistake and see what I should have done in the same situation.

Er.. whats a hudge leak?
    • Birthe88
      Birthe88
      Bronze
      Dont know, i think he means Huge leaks
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Birthe88
      Dont know, i think he means Huge leaks
      Hehe.. I think I am taking it too seriously. I am missing the obvious stuff. Thanks Birthe88.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Odieone,

Whenever you run into a hand where you are not sure if you played correctly - save it and post it in the appropriate Hand analysis forum. They you will get professional analysis and feedback there :)

Its one of the best ways to improve your game!

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Leak is a flaw in your game that causes you to lose money in the long run (e.g. playing too tight/loose, limping with wrong type of hands etc.).
      Huge leak is a leak that is costing you more money than usual.
      And hudge leak is just 1337 internet talk. :D
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello Odieone,

Whenever you run into a hand where you are not sure if you played correctly - save it and post it in the appropriate Hand analysis forum. They you will get professional analysis and feedback there :)

Its one of the best ways to improve your game!

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Okay thanks SoyCD. I think thanks to debelinko and Birthe88 and a whole lot of analyzing. I think I sorta understand my mistake but thinking cant be bad. So I will post it next time, my problem was it was happening so fast, by the time, I realized. It was over.
      :tongue:
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by debelinko
      Leak is a flaw in your game that causes you to lose money in the long run (e.g. playing too tight/loose, limping with wrong type of hands etc.).
      Huge leak is a leak that is costing you more money than usual.
      And hudge leak is just 1337 internet talk. :D
      oh hehe... forgive my l33tless ness. more studying for me.
      Been reading the bronze articles... i think I realize my leaks - for now anyways.. i am sure there are more.. Thanks for the help.

:D