Good Play or did I chicken out?

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I was playing a NL10 table for an hour. It was fun but I had a series of hands that made me think a bit and I wanted your takes on it.

I was playing a table full of bluffers. I think out of 10, only one was playing tight. Others were just playing with absolutely nothing, mixed hands or worst. Most of the time, they would get a small pair on the river but generally pretty lucky. their bank was all going sideways.

Anyways, I played super tight. Only really playing with very strong hands. So I folded alot and I noticed for five straight hands, I gave up 3 flushes, 1 straight flush, a three of a kind and a 4 of a kind. Generally, I have no regrets cause given the same choice, I rather play smart than guess and hope but the last hand before I finish is what's got me curious.

I got JJ on the early position. First player called, so I called. But I got raised by 5 players. I basically knew they were bluffing but with what I had. I felt I could lose to luck so I folded. Was I right or did I just chicken out? end of the day, I didnt win or lose. one of the bluffers won with a pair of twos.

Also, side issue.. I usually time my outs around the big blind. Once I felt I had enough for the day, I wait until the game where I am the next BB to quit. Is that like bad manners?
  • 8 replies
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      You should really read and reread the articles on this site. I suspect you've got a lot of hudge leaks in your game.

About the big blind thing: everyone leaves when the big blind gets to them, so that is standard, no bad manners.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice man..

I do keep reading the articles over and over because I dont get it right away. I am still early in my play and I notice a lot of juvi mistakes then I got back to where i think I made that mistake and see what I should have done in the same situation.

Er.. whats a hudge leak?
    • Birthe88
      Birthe88
      Bronze
      Dont know, i think he means Huge leaks
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Birthe88
      Dont know, i think he means Huge leaks
      Hehe.. I think I am taking it too seriously. I am missing the obvious stuff. Thanks Birthe88.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Odieone,

Whenever you run into a hand where you are not sure if you played correctly - save it and post it in the appropriate Hand analysis forum. They you will get professional analysis and feedback there :)

Its one of the best ways to improve your game!

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Leak is a flaw in your game that causes you to lose money in the long run (e.g. playing too tight/loose, limping with wrong type of hands etc.).
      Huge leak is a leak that is costing you more money than usual.
      And hudge leak is just 1337 internet talk. :D
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello Odieone,

Whenever you run into a hand where you are not sure if you played correctly - save it and post it in the appropriate Hand analysis forum. They you will get professional analysis and feedback there :)

Its one of the best ways to improve your game!

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Okay thanks SoyCD. I think thanks to debelinko and Birthe88 and a whole lot of analyzing. I think I sorta understand my mistake but thinking cant be bad. So I will post it next time, my problem was it was happening so fast, by the time, I realized. It was over.
      :tongue:
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by debelinko
      Leak is a flaw in your game that causes you to lose money in the long run (e.g. playing too tight/loose, limping with wrong type of hands etc.).
      Huge leak is a leak that is costing you more money than usual.
      And hudge leak is just 1337 internet talk. :D
      oh hehe... forgive my l33tless ness. more studying for me.
      Been reading the bronze articles... i think I realize my leaks - for now anyways.. i am sure there are more.. Thanks for the help.

:D