MP+1: $20.94
      LP: $53.37
      CO: $19.91
      BTN: $36.01
      SB: $50.63
      Hero (BB): $20.00

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has 3:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.10, BTN calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.30, 2 players) T:heart: 3:spade: T:club:
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN raises to $7.00, fold

next player who is pain in the ass for a lot time and he is hard to beat....
      how adjust our game against this player. The whole situation is a little annoying because when we open raise he 3b from lp, when he is on the lp, he is stealing all the time. What do you suggest?
  • 6 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      just tighten up your 3bet range, and put value hands that dominate his 3bet calling range in late position.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Well, depends how he reacts to the 3bets? If he is folding to 3bets a lot then we can easily 3bet it but if rather not then might be better idea to Call and play postflop vs him. But now again is your postflop skill that good to understand what you doing and when to fight back?

As played
      Postflop: Depends a lot how often we expect to him to raise here? If he is somewhat a maniac and very aggressive then might even better to Check/Call vs him to avoid the raise since we can't be sure where we even stand if we get raised. And if we 3bet we wont get called from worse.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      On the flop I know that I made a mistake. I should have bet. I gave him money for free. I was so frustrating and helpless :(

Look at FoldStealToBlindReraise: 55%

Probably I shouldn't have 3B him. It should be easy fold pre. He is very uncomfortable opp because I wouldn't have plan for this hand. I like calling hands like this when I have plan let say x/r flop but we have to appropriate opp to this play. Against him I wouldn't do it.
      So what do you suggest?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      On the flop I know that I made a mistake. I should have bet. I gave him money for free. I was so frustrating and helpless :(

Look at FoldStealToBlindReraise: 55%

Probably I shouldn't have 3B him. It should be easy fold pre. He is very uncomfortable opp because I wouldn't have plan for this hand. I like calling hands like this when I have plan let say x/r flop but we have to appropriate opp to this play. Against him I wouldn't do it.
      So what do you suggest?
      Depends what's his BTN stealing range, according to that I would base my actions.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Seems to be fine, he has pretty wide stealing range. But understand also that he may easily even bluff sometimes with the min-raise there. But that once again comes from the reads/stats.