Getting started on poker

• TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Hello, I just turned 18 not so long ago, and I registered on this site. I decided I would open a blog, maybe this will motivate me a bit or so.

Maybe I will edit this post later on and will talk about myself and poker in my life, I am just gonna post my past days' result.

So, I registered on titan poker, and I deposited 100$, thought it would be soft, and easy to beat NL10.

But this is what I got. I mean yes, I tilted some, But how not tilt when you get so many setups, and when you get with 95% hand you loose too... And ofcourse a lot of bad spots preflop, postflop... Oh well... Don't really know what to do now for real, I have only few $ left on my poker account. But I can't beat luck yach :f_eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey TheMoment,

Welcome to our blogs section! Think it's time to read some articles/attend coaching etc..

Also, don't forget about Titan's $100 freeroll everyday!

Merry Christmas!
      Ingrid
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey moment!

i wouldn't worry about losing the money in your account; see it as a learning curve sooner rather than later. i've been in pretty much the same boat and so have lots of other people. before long you realise that it aint as easy as some people make it out to be and it does in fact take a hell of a lot of hard work and reading and studying. it all depends on how much you want to improve - if you just read the odd article and sit down and expect to win then before long you will realise you need to put in more work. if it were easy then everyone would be making money from poker! so use your mistakes and losses as motivation to improve and im sure you will start to win more :D hope you have a good christmas mate. i shall be following your blog so be sure to update regularly with thoughts/progresses and whatever!
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hey moment!

i wouldn't worry about losing the money in your account; see it as a learning curve sooner rather than later. i've been in pretty much the same boat and so have lots of other people. before long you realise that it aint as easy as some people make it out to be and it does in fact take a hell of a lot of hard work and reading and studying. it all depends on how much you want to improve - if you just read the odd article and sit down and expect to win then before long you will realise you need to put in more work. if it were easy then everyone would be making money from poker! so use your mistakes and losses as motivation to improve and im sure you will start to win more :D hope you have a good christmas mate. i shall be following your blog so be sure to update regularly with thoughts/progresses and whatever!

oh, thanks, I still have like 900$ in pokerstars. So that's really only variance. I am more like a STT or MTT player. I find all other players to be really fishy, I can see none really good ones. Will post how I will go through playing these. Not sure what to play though yet, but we will see.

I understand it can't be that easy.
      And yeah, I have read most of the articles like twice, watched some videos, attended some coatchings. I think I will be able to make profit prety fast.