Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $3,3
      Hero:
      $2,86

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:club: , 6:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,23) A:heart: , J:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,18, UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,41

Because he was a weak loose player I already made my plan preflop to isolate and cbet on a suitable board. Did I play correctly?
  • 4 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      there is really no need to isolate fish whit speculative hands, rather isolate him whit value hands.
      The problem is, you need fold equity to play small pairs and small suited connectors profitable, but against fish's like this who probably calling down 2 streets whit 2nd 3d pair, not worth it.

[btw the hand sample is really to small, to make assumptions, but yh, hope you got my idea]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Seems to be fine and I don't mind your play here. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      really veriz, really?

you suggest nl2 players to isolate fish whit 67s type of hands?

when knowing that calling station fish will almost always call here whit Jx on this AJ6 board, and probably even 2 streets, how does that's ok?

:f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      really veriz, really?

you suggest nl2 players to isolate fish whit 67s type of hands?

when knowing that calling station fish will almost always call here whit Jx on this AJ6 board, and probably even 2 streets, how does that's ok?

:f_confused:
      Why shouldn't we? We have the BU:
      a) we can take down the pot right away;
      b) he is a fish, we can extract a lot more value by having position when hit big;
      c) we can make him even fold maybe postflop or decide whatever we want to do.

Pretty standard iso for me. Even against a fish. So what if he Calls? He will also Call if we do hit big time. You want to play the hand then just limp in and "lets take a look at the flop"? What's the difference then there? Even worse since you don't have the initiative and people tend to overplay their pairs.