[NL20-NL50] [sh] NL 25 3bet turn with nuts?

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.58)
      BB ($26.14)
      UTG ($17.27)
      UTG+1 ($26.99)
      CO ($16.96)
      Hero ($28.52)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.50) 5:spade: 6:diamond: 4:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB folds, BB calls $1.20

TURN ($3.90) 5:spade: 6:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.80, BB raises to $7, Hero raises to $26.82 (AI), BB folds

Hero shows 7:heart: 8:club:

Hero wins $17.02

Few hands on villain, Nitty Tag so far.

If I call turn villain would have pot size left on the river and I would keep his bluffs in his range opposite to shoving myself where I force him to have a strong hand or a very strong draw to call.
      Considering that he looks nitty I think that I can safely assume his range being quite strong like 2 pair, straight, fd's, sets and maybe TT/JJ
      Since I crush that range atm and I think that once he c/r it he should not fold getting 2:1 I choose to shove.

Any merit to calling turn and play river?

If I call turn I would prolly call any river as well so I pay off his fd's but stack his sets and overpairs and keep in his range his bluffs if he has any pure ones.Considering the board and the fact that he looks nitty I don't see many positives for this play.

And I don't think it's a good scenario to min-3bet him.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think call there is a little better being ip, since you give him option shoving river with his air. If he turn smt like 77 into bluff he would fold to shove every single time.

You don't really afraid any river card and can call shove even if river was 6s

Also don't think he has there any value hands that would c/r turn and would now c/f river where example flushdraw completes.

Best regards,