Dealt to Hero 8:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, fold, Hero calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.55) A:spade: 3:club: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

TURN ($1.25) A:spade: 3:club: K:club: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $1.75, Hero calls $0.95

RIVER ($4.75) A:spade: 3:club: K:club: A:heart: 8:spade:

Hero bets $2.55, BTN raises to $7.50 (AI), Hero calls $4.95

He steals very wide but does not fold to 3bets, so I think I can call. I might be dominated by bigger aces, so its bad, but probably I still can get lot of money from his weaker holdings post flop.

On flop I don't c/r to not isolate against better aces, but then of course I don't protect my hand, but proably nothing I can do.

On turn I start protecting vs draws and others, and just call because most likely its a bluff or semibluff. Or had I 3bet and protect against FD? I think I rarely will get calls, unless he has like Q high FD. But probaly its a mistake to not protect, the pot is already quite big, so I don't want to let him hit his draw and win.

On the other hand - if he would have a flushdraw, then maybe he would not raise, because he would not want to get reraised, so maybe we don't have to protect if this is the case.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: But how you gonna overplay him then? You didn't mention much about your play how do you plan to overplay nor any good stats that are making me believe that you can do with big profit with such a Call.

As played
      Postflop: I don't get it. If you didn't want to 3bet it on the turn why do you donk it on the river? What hand will pay you there? As you said you kind of put the opponent on FD or whatsoever which ain't continue on the turn. But is it safer to give him a card and being OOP and not know what to do if any draw completes? :)

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Preflop I have big equity advantage vs his opening range. (~57%)

Overplay him by forcing him to make bad calls with weak hands when I hit top pair, and also catch his bluffs. He goes to a showdowns a lot, so he should overplay his small pairs.

On the river maybe he will still not believe I have ace and call me with K I think. If I don't bet there is no chance I will get money from Kx I think. Also 1/2 bet might sometimes look weak for him and he might wanna bluffraise.

Edit:

But is it safer to give him a card and being OOP and not know what to do if any draw completes?

It is not safer, but just sometimes I want to make some non standard play, because as I said maybe this is a chance that he is not on a draw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But if he doesn't hit his draw he wont pay much either. :P Don't you think so?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      But if he doesn't hit his draw he wont pay much either. :P Don't you think so?
      Might be, but might be that he will want to bluff, thats what I thought at the game :) Yeah, his river aggression is not that big, but still sometimes those passive players become aggresive.