UTG ($1.21)
      UTG+1 ($1.39)
      UTG+2 ($5.11)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($0.99)
      CO ($1.95)
      BTN ($3.24)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG+1 calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.25) 5:diamond: J:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $0.18, UTG+1 calls $0.18

TURN ($0.61) 5:diamond: J:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.38, UTG+1 raises to $0.76, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $1.28

Villain is a 59/8 fishy kind-of passive donk over 70 hands.
      On the table I though he had a diamond but now I'm guessing he won't raise the A since he doesn't want me to fold a weaker flush and he won't raise anything else because he is afraid of the A... but well, he is a donkey for a reason, what would you do?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Paaaaaaaaaulo,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Most likely I'd Bet the flop ~$0,20 and just Check/Fold on the turn. What kind of worse hands will Call you anyways there? Especially if the guy is passive, rather Check it and hope to see free showdown.

Best Regards.
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Yes, that's what I thought, but when he showed A5hh I started to think what could that strange turn minraise be.
      I'm guessing he could think the same about my turn bet, has I probably wouldn't do it with the A and would be afraid of it with the K.
      Thanks veriz, I'll be around.