20-BI below EV in DoN

• VISHMASTER
      VISHMASTER
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I have been playing 5.50$ Double or Nothing Tournaments in Pacific poker.
      This is the 1st month I have decided to play poker full time.
      I have been playing better than last month, but am down 20-BI below EV.
      I am only 2 tabling these carefully (I have read/watched almost all strategies/videos about DoN/Coaching from Royal Hope here and in 2+2).
      Also I have applied stop loss to cut my losses when I'm on a downswing.But when I come back later with clear mindset, I still get hit by these.
      20-BI may not be a big deal for a Sng Player, but having these in DoNs and when just 2 tabling is unbeleivable
      PS: I can play 4 table decently.

I'm posting the graph 4 this month so far with EV. The sample may not be great because I'm only 2 tabling and have stopped playing 4 the day, when I hit a downswing (below EV).

[img][IMG]https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5377/92604282.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
  • 6 replies
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      you play full time ? like for a living>?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      don't get me wrong but you are not ready for playing for living when you post thread like this :(
      According to your graph you are not winning player even with EV. But I have to admit that it's hard to play A-game when you run very bad.

so what can I do? Find my leaks, play better, improve my game and keep going... everything would be find...
    • VISHMASTER
      VISHMASTER
      Bronze
      @stripofbacon- ofc I don't live from poker, I have finished college and have been playing poker full-time this month.

@ BGawli-
      don't get me wrong but you are not ready for playing for living when you post thread like this sad
      According to your graph you are not winning player even with EV. But I have to admit that it's hard to play A-game when you run very bad.

I agree with you, and I know this too but my BR was 350$ at DEc1st and now its 208.43$ after the last sng I played where UTG min-raised with k10o @50/100BB and I ship it with AK with ~1100 stack from BTN after it as folded 2 me. he snaps and the board comes xxx10x.
      I know these are common, but I don't play 50games/day and these stuff happens in a few games. I play <10games/day as u can see how bad I get sucked out from the graph.
      My point here is , I wanted 2 know is running so much below EV is very normal? Cos a regular told me 20BI lost at DoNs are huge at any level/even if I were 24 tabling.

I am not complaining about my run as I can understand this has been a break even month 4 me, I am a good player (I analysed every game in Sng wizard everyday why I could'nt win and I have played push/fold correctly 95%+ of the time (except running into better hands, which I can accept and am ok with it).

That said when losing 20BI is huge in DoN, losing it bcos I run below EV is something I am not able 2 digest myself.

Thanks guys... also do u think I should move down to 2.50$ DoN or should I keep griniding 5$? as I have lost 1/3 of my BR due 2 variance this month??
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      @Gawli wtf graph? make your own thread man. and EV graph is more accurate than real graph, but it still not 100% accurate, especially not ever a small smaple

@OP there is always much worse. aren't dons usually have pretty low ROI in them, and thus I would expect carry a bigger chance of a down swong?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      what is EV graph?
      I thought that this is EV graph
    • Greenphat
      Greenphat
      Bronze
      well I hate christmas time.. -26bi.