BB bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55

RIVER ($7.65) 2:spade: J:heart: 9:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60

53/8/2.7
      bet OOP 61
      bet OOP turn 67 (3)
      hands 113

note: bet pot on QTx one color flop, fold to raise

He has many bluffs in his range, so I call down.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Nah, I am not a huge fan of hero-calling here unless I expect him to overplay his TP the same way. By just knowing that he has done a pot size bet and fold to a raise we can't do much. Do you really expect him also to continue with pot size bet with a lot weaker hands? The only hope here is that we really see him having Jx hands also in his range which we beat. I might even make a crying fold on the turn.

But of course if you Call the turn then there is no way we are folding on river.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      He had A4o :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      He had A4o :D
      Well, I don't care what he had. Practically here comes into handy table dynamics not that veriz read now what he had. :D Table dynamics is way whole different story than just taking a look at few stats you point out. Sometimes I am really surprised why people think that they did hero-calls like this and think they made really good play while even not understanding how or why they did that. As I said you have to put the opponent on weaker Jx or bluffs to play this hand profitable and if you do then sure your play is fine.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Yeah, I did put him on a bluff, but was not sure if I can do that. I knew he is capable of bluffing, but haven't seen this exact line by him (pot flop, pot turn, 1/2 river). But maybe I don't have to see the exact line to put him on a bluff. Maybe its enought to know that he is capable of bluffing, and also bet pot flop and turn somehow looks weird. If they have monsters, they often have a leak to slowplay them istead of heavy value betting. His line just looked like a nonsense and of course I beat weaker jacks and he could value bet them like this - pot bets for protection and on the river there is nothing to protect, so the bet is smaller.