Dealt to Hero 6:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, fold, Hero calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.55) K:diamond: T:diamond: A:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.15) K:diamond: T:diamond: A:club: 4:heart:

Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

RIVER ($2.55) K:diamond: T:diamond: A:club: 4:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

His turn cbet is low, so on turn I want to get value from his weaker hands and protect my ace. He might think I am bluffing.

On the river - he goes to showdowsns a lot and looses at them, so I think I can catch his bluffs from busted draws and others.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

3rd time the same line. :D No wonder if he even takes stabs on you but this has to be really good reads here. Since more often you gonna face rather value-bets than a bluff. :) Stats say me that he is rather passive on the river and ain't bluffing that much.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Don't know how could I play it better so do the same line :) Unless fold preflop. But he steals so much, I even have better equity preflop. He is fish, I try to think logically and outplay him postflop. And then show the hands at the forum :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Don't know how could I play it better so do the same line :) Unless fold preflop. But he steals so much, I even have better equity preflop. He is fish, I try to think logically and outplay him postflop. And then show the hands at the forum :)
      Well, such a play is dependent a lot on the table dynamics. Your play is obviously fine but you also have to have a reason behind it. Do you expect him to bluff?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Well, such a play is dependent a lot on the table dynamics. Your play is obviously fine but you also have to have a reason behind it. Do you expect him to bluff?

Oh, thanks :D I though you meant I am doing this stupid line already 3 times, so the fish takes money from me :D

Yeah I do expect, especially in future - he has shown me bluffs, in this hand he also bluffed with Q6.

Also he cbets - this is most likely bluff. On turn he probably thinks that I am bluffing/floating so he calls and tries to outplay me on the river when I will give up my 'bluff'.

If I would not have made hand, as I see I could not float him. But he stops cbeting often at least by stats, so I could c/f my hand. On the other hand - he probably still understands that I am a reg, so he could still think I am capable of folding and barrel many turns.

So still I can call with such small aces vs his BTN openings as I understand. I was considering I should stop doing these things. Basically when I call, I must hit to win agianst him, because he is not bluffable. But vs his range, I have better equity preflop, so I should hit more often than not.