[NL20-NL50] SH25 - Blinddefense

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO ATS is very high and was rooting for alot of foldequity, wanted to raise with QT rather then just call since i can play this hand OOP with no Initiative.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,70, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,25, CO calls $1,55.

Flop: ($4,65) Q:heart: , T:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,3, CO raises to $5,00, Hero raises to $19,65, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Made a small cbet to look weak and get a raise.
      I decided that i don't want to give away any card that beats me so i shipped since CO could have still hands that call my shove.
      I think this is better than calling and shoving turn.
      Calling and c/r turn and shoveing river is also a option but the board is to drawy for that.

Final Pot: $14,65
  • 2 replies
    • autheking
      hey, nice hand.Nice small c bet to bluff induce. I think shoving over raise is perfect, he is getting better than 2 to 1 so he will call with f/ds and oseds, so this way you get max value from draws. Calling the raise could be dangerous as he might check back turn which would be disastrous. So well played.
    • Kaitz20

would also shove that spot AQ+, so I think QT is close enough to also shove for value and not slowplay. But since you would also likely get all-in any turn card then I think also mixing up your play against loose aggro players b/c flop and c/rai turn is also fine. They are not really raise small and fold to raise flushdraws or KJ, J9, so basically their hand is smt like 66 or maybe even complete air, smt like Ah9h that they don´t think floating flop is profitable

best regards,