[NL2-NL10] Freaky

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      I was analyzing my hand history and off the last 8902 hands I noticed something weird. Top 3 lost hands were exctly the same lost to the same freaking hand to different players of course.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.03/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.17
      UTG:
      $4.49
      UTG1:
      $5.01
      UTG2:
      $4.55
      MP1:
      $1.92
      MP2:
      $5.70
      MP3:
      $4.80
      CO (Hero):
      $7.23
      BU:
      $1.57
      SB:
      $4.90

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.18, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.88, Hero raises to $5.72, MP2 calls $3.82.

Flop: ($11.5) 8, 7, 9 (2 players)

Turn: ($11.5) J (2 players)

River: ($11.5) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.5.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

MP2 wins with a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).

Shouldn't have gone All In pre-flop after a 4-Bet. I guess that was the mistake here.

Play hand

$0.03/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $12.56
      BB:
      $3.19
      UTG (Hero):
      $5.99
      UTG1:
      $5.20
      UTG2:
      $1.95
      MP1:
      $3.15
      MP2:
      $1.27
      MP3:
      $4.27
      CO:
      $4.71
      BU:
      $3.40

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, UTG1 calls $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.83) 5, 5, 7 (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG1 raises to $2.63, MP3 folds, BB folds, Hero raises to $5.79, UTG1 calls $2.37(All-In).

Turn: ($11.62) 9 (2 players)

River: ($11.62) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.62.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and fives(Q Q).
      UTG1 shows two pairs, aces and fives(A A).

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and fives(Q Q).
      UTG1 wins with two pairs, aces and fives(A A).

In this hand should I have assumed that with 3 callers to my PFR maybe one of them would have hit a full house, quads or three of a kind? Overpairs I did not expect, AA,KK or even AK would have re-raised pre-flop. Couldn't have called him to see a turn which might have been an overcard, that would have crushed me. So the way I saw it, it was either All In with an overpair or fold.

Play hand

$0.03/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.87
      BB:
      $2.06
      UTG1:
      $5.56
      UTG2:
      $3.20
      MP1:
      $5.15
      MP2:
      $4.10
      MP3:
      $4.49
      CO (Hero):
      $18.90
      BU:
      $1.64

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.73) J, 2, 4 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP1 calls $0.55.

Turn: ($1.83) 8 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.60, MP1 raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $11.43, MP1 calls $1.10.

River: ($17.56) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.56.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP1 shows a pair of aces(A A).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP1 wins with a pair of aces(A A).

His re-raise on the turn did not make sense to me at all. Again, he didn't 3-Bet pre-flop so I thought AA,KK,AK were out. No straights or flushes had completed and I actually shoved it pretty confidently. Should I again have assumed that he could have a set?
  • 3 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      1. I cant say any productive unless you share some info about mp.

2. The guy raised you 4WAY, 4way, its very strong, id fold QQ there.

3. flop ch/c and turn ch/r is always the nuts (its another question, that he has overplayed his AA, considering its as strong as a set), so id fold that too.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Well, it's good that you analyzing that many hands. :) Interesting that you don't have more hands. But keep in mind, we are also analyzing the hands and the best way for us to do that would be not to scroll down/up/down/up during it and we could concentrate on one hand. So therefore in the future please post 1 hand per thread. Thanks!

Hand #1
      If you are going to 3bet then there is no way we are going to fold our hand. The only options here are either to Call and play postflop or 3bet and in plan to go broke.

Hand #2
      Being in such a multiway pot I don't really see how I can continue Bet/Fold it.

Hand #3
      Why doesn't his raise make sense at all? He will rarely do that with a lot worse, more often he is just trapping you. Therefore I am folding my hand even vs min-raise without having any information/stats on him.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Hi, thanks for the response. I'll make sure that I won't post more than one hand in a post.

Regarding hand 3, I have seen many a times people re-raising at these limits on the turn just to kind of stop the aggressor from raising or perhaps they try and see if the aggressor really has anything, like an information bet. Many also try a pure bluff here many times. But in a pot that big I don't think people would really bluff at that point or throw in an information bet.

Anyway I didn't post any stats because I have very few hands with these guys. In-fact after playing these hands I didn't see them on the table again.

I wasn't analyzing my game yet cause I was just trying to accumulate a decent sample so that I could see how my game was stats wise and analyze patterns for myself, how similarly or differently I play some hands in similar situations (the three QQ hands I think are a perfect example). Now I'll fish for more hands and keep posting them.