[NL2-NL10] NL4; HU: KTs frm BU agnst 3bet

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.65 (232.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $3.72 (186 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T K
      Hero raises to $0.06, BB raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.54, BB folds

Results: $0.36 pot
      Hero mucked T K and won $0.36 ($0.18 net)

Our opponent has the following stats:
      VP/PFR/3bet/foldto4bet/hands 44/35/11.7/100/hands

1) Is it sensible to try a 4betbluff here?
      2) Provided we have more information on him, can we call?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

1) Is it sensible to try a 4betbluff here?

Not on those limits vs 44/35 guy on whom I don't really see how many hands we have since you wrote just "hands".

2) Provided we have more information on him, can we call?

Not really without having any information right now and haven't seen you playing good postflop. :) I wouldn't advice to Call being OOP while your hand can easily be dominated.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Not on those limits vs 44/35 guy on whom I don't really see how many hands we have since you wrote just "hands".

:D my mistake. Yeah, that is not very informative from my side!

Not really without having any information right now and haven't seen you playing good postflop. I wouldn't advice to Call being OOP while your hand can easily be dominated.

1) So even if I were playing good postflop the call without additional information wouldn't be advisable?

2) Should I try and get into more difficult and marginal spots in order to gain experience and improve my postflop play, or should I try and avoid marginal spots because they might turn out too expensive as compared to the knowledge I might get?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) So even if I were playing good postflop the call without additional information wouldn't be advisable?

So far I haven't seen that or at least you never point out any good stats or information. So yes. :)

2) Should I try and get into more difficult and marginal spots in order to gain experience and improve my postflop play, or should I try and avoid marginal spots because they might turn out too expensive as compared to the knowledge I might get?

What do we learn from using the SHC? Why is it limited and doesn't have very wide range?
      Bronze
      What do we learn from using the SHC? Why is it limited and doesn't have very wide range?

We learn how to play disciplined poker.

It is limited because it is designed for beginners that do not have enough experience in dealing with marginal situations, as well as it is suited for situations where we don't have any additional information on our opponents.

The problem here is - how to learn to deviate from the SHC without actually getting into these situations and analyzing them?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, before doing that we also have to understand why we are doing it and how we can play them profitable. :) For the first question you should always ask yourself if the guy could 3bet you with worse Kx hands.
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks!

One quick question though - I still want to touch upon the problem of 4bet bluffs. Surely even on NL4 there must be at least some opponents against whom we can profitably 4bet bluff. Why is this situation not the case? 44/35 for HU shouldn't be too loose, right? The sample size could be somewhere in between 100 and 300 at the time. I don't remember clearly though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Only reason to 4bet bluff is with good reads/stats but especially against loose opponents don't try to do that. Neither don't try to bluff on NL4, playing straight forward will earn you more money.
      Bronze
      Ok, I will refrain from making 4bet bluffs. For now that is at least :)

Thanks!