BB ($20)
      CO ($28.67)
      BTN ($25.61)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 4:club:

fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.60) T:club: 4:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $2.60, BTN calls $2.60

TURN ($9.80) T:club: 4:spade: 9:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $6.60, BTN raises to $20.81 (AI), Hero calls $9 (AI)

RIVER ($41) T:club: 4:spade: 9:heart: J:club: J:heart:

20/14/1.5, steal from BTN 29, 51 hand

In game I had less stats, so he looked +/- like a reggy. I wanted to test how does he reacts to 3bets, preflop.

On flop once I hit and don't know his exact range and also having backdoor FD, I think I have to cbet.

Made mistake on turn by calling his raise, I didn't have the correct odds, (his 5 bucks are returned to him so the pot is not as high in real as it looks). Also could bet bigger, so more FE and easier to call.
  • 5 replies
    • BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      I think your bet size on the turn is fine. You get 3.5:1, so I wouldn't call there, because part of his range may also have higher FD and I don't think you are ever ahead with your pair.
    • autheking
      autheking
      Bronze
      I think the river call is -EV for the odds you are getting.Against a range of TT-99,KQs,J9s+,87s, you need 4.4 to 1 to call.If you don't plan to fold to a shove then you are better off betting $9 to give yourself max f/e and correct odds to call like you said.

I am not a big fan of 3 betting low SCs from the blinds because they are tough to play post flop oop, I'd rather raise hands like A7o, KJo or K7s which have some blockers hence giving me some more f/e.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      I am not a big fan of 3 betting low SCs from the blinds because they are tough to play post flop oop, I'd rather raise hands like A7o, KJo or K7s

I think SCs are easier to play than blocker hands :) if you miss the flop, you just c/f, while when with blockers you hit a pair but it is not strong, so you can easily overplay it :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you have to b/c turn with pair+flushdraw I think I would take either c/rai on the turn to get maximum value out of floats or overbet shove on the turn to make sure I have maximum fold equity and that he wouldn´t really shove smt like 98s

But on that turn you´re not getting away your hand, so nicely played.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you have to b/c turn with pair+flushdraw I think I would take either c/rai on the turn to get maximum value out of floats or overbet shove on the turn to make sure I have maximum fold equity and that he wouldn´t really shove smt like 98s

But on that turn you´re not getting away your hand, so nicely played.

Best regards,