First 10K Hands

• Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL5 FR on stars for the last month and overall I got 10K hands.

i'm seeing my improvement in the game besides when i used to play just for a gamble without any real strategy or much information about the game.

so far, i managed to break even pretty much. overall after 10K hands i'm $-.64.

is 10K a small sample? should i just keep grinding and eventually i'll beat the limits?

i think i could've had a lot more winnings in these 10K hands but i can post nearly a dozen hands where my AA was cracked by either a smaller PP after preflop AI. or where an opponent hits a 1 outer on the river against my AA set from the flop.

either way im just kind of confused about what kind of results i should be seeing after i've already invested this much time into the game.

from your experiences how long did it take for you to crush NL5 or whatever limit you began playing on?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      < Moved your Thread to Discussion Section >
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      wow sorry, didnt noticed i put it in the wrong forum ><
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Slurpee,

Wish you the best in your improvement as player. I can say that I made 166$ of profit on NL2 in 155k hands. So keep grinding. To move up the limits is dependent how much tables do you play. I would advise to go to the Beginners Course http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/1/ and watch, read and listen to everything. Everything that is written on this site can improve your play and is the best way to beat the micros. I mean results are not coming right away so if you decide to take your a shot be patient and study and the result will come. On my on experience it helped me a lot and I understood truthfully that luck in poker is just a short time thing and that this game is a game of skills. So saying how your AA was cracked is not a thing that will improve your game. Believe me post the hand to a coach and he will find you leaks so you can fix them. Wish you the best of luck at the tables
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      Thanks Sikac, I guess I learned more then I thought cuz after 10K I been on a pretty good run.

in my last 6K hands im up from $30 to $116.00.

i was hoping to be bank rolled for NL10 by the end of Jan but at this rate I think I will be doing NL10 next week.