[NL20-NL50] Oesd

• TheTK
      TheTK
      Bronze
      vs. 18/14/6.63bet/AF:2.5/AFflop:4.8
      Should I ever 4bets here and get it in vs so aggresive opponent?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.80)
      BB ($23.74)
      UTG ($12.12)
      UTG+1 ($26.68)
      Hero ($20.30)
      BTN ($21.04)

Dealt to Hero T:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.50) 7:diamond: 8:heart: A:spade:

Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $3, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.33
  • 5 replies
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      Hey, I think calling flop to see the turn will be +EV according t me against an agro opponent. You are getting 2.75 to 1 to call and you are almost 5 to 1 to hit on the turn. So if you can make $4.5 more when you hit one of your outs, the call is +EV. I think he will barrel again as he is reping 2 pair+ so you have sufficient implieds to peel one card. Also there is no f/d on flop so all your outs are clean.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by autheking
      Hey, I think calling flop to see the turn will be +EV according t me against an agro opponent. You are getting 2.75 to 1 to call and you are almost 5 to 1 to hit on the turn. So if you can make $4.5 more when you hit one of your outs, the call is +EV. I think he will barrel again as he is reping 2 pair+ so you have sufficient implieds to peel one card. Also there is no f/d on flop so all your outs are clean.
      +1

start out by b/c flop

Should I ever 4bets here and get it in vs so aggresive opponent?
      - you can 3-bet but since players would not mess around too often on Axx boards or then give up air if you call then I think b/c flop is better option

Best regards,
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think showing the flop is the only play. His raising range on this is either air or nuts since his likely calling Ax hands. So value range is A8, A7, 77, and 88 so handcombo vise if he raises this type of flop a lot he has air 90% of the time so you have a ton of fold equity and when you run into a set you still have your 25% pot equity.
    • TheTK
      TheTK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      I think showing the flop is the only play. His raising range on this is either air or nuts since his likely calling Ax hands. So value range is A8, A7, 77, and 88 so handcombo vise if he raises this type of flop a lot he has air 90% of the time so you have a ton of fold equity and when you run into a set you still have your 25% pot equity.
      I agree ;)
      Calling aggro guy OOP with draw is probably -EV....
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You have there oesd and get correct odds to hit your straight against set, since I doubt he would really check back on J and 6 turn.
      So calling is definitely better than folding, but if you think he would also raise/fold a lot then shove is also fine, although with aces or Ak I really doubt you would shove that spot

best regards,