[NL2-NL10] Kc3c NL10

• preludiumm
      CO is a table fish 44/1 mostly fit or folding, very passive ~80
      BTN is like 20/16, rather regular player. Folded 3/3 to 3bet. 150hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.24)
      BB ($10.61)
      UTG ($22.91)
      CO ($10.69)
      BTN ($11.11)

Dealt to Hero K:club: 3:club:

fold, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, fold, CO calls $1.30, BTN calls $1

FLOP ($4.30) Q:spade: 2:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $9.29 (AI), BTN folds, Hero folds

I think this is a very good spot to 3bet. Dont think the regular player is calling, he is either 4betting or folding in this spot (unless ofc the fish calls giving the odds). Imo there's a lot of dead money, cause fish will not always call the 3bet + the regular may isolate the fish very wide, so there's even more FE.

They both call and there's this board which rather misses them both. In this spot the regular will mostly have PP (set mining from his perspective may be attractive after fish calls), something like AQ/AJ maybe? Still most of his combos will be missed PP. Fish is playing fit or fold anyway, so my question is it is a good spot to cbet/fold this spot? Do the ranges I gave them are good?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello preludiumm,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: I don't really see how it should be a good spot to squeeze with just K3, especially against loose opponent who very likely is even Calling us. Your hand is so often dominated that you will do a lot mistakes postflop. Standard spot to just fold.

As played
      Postflop: Well, even if he is a fit/Fold guy he is never folding to the CB here any PPs most likely. At least Calling once and reevaluating it on turn. Also a lot of broadways did hit which are going to be his calling range here as well. So I'd even Check/Fold here directly without having any pairs nor backdoors.

Best Regards.