Got the poker bug again - must be time for another SNG blog

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      So after six months or so of playing very little poker, I finally have the poker bug again. and two weeks off work to feed the little critter and see how it grows.

This time is going to be different though. Before a read articles ect and improved my game a bit. This time I am going to really focus on learning (and relearning) the game and making the next step in the poker journey.

I planning to use this blog to track my pokerstars and 888 accounts (and hopefully full tilt again one day). At poker stars I am playing 3.5 stt (regular). at 888 I am playing the 20man nitros (started at the $3 now at the $5.50).

Results to date are:
      Poker Stars: 73 games, roi 4.3%, ev 0.1%, profit = 10.98
      888: 712 games, roi 13%, profit $307
      (note the reason i am not only playing at 888 with these decent results is that I learn pretty much nothing playing these 20man nitros)

So some intial goals for this month (or by the end of Janaury):

- read the poker mindset
      - reread all the sng articles to silver level
      - watch 2 videos
      - ride 50km
      - treadmill 20km

I have added in some 'getting fit' goals as i really need to get active. I have commited to doing the cycle leg of the corporate triathlon in early march (in fancy dress). for charity and some inpseration to get off my arse.

Anyway thanks for reading. here we go
  • 6 replies
    • luckySerb
      luckySerb
      Bronze
      good luck bro..... :s_cool:
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      So here I am, 250 games into my new Poker stars attempt, and things have been going pretty well. I am 8-tabling now which I can do quiet comfortably. Anymore and i think i will have a problem. I think I have been playing really well, but still to many mistakes on the bubble. At the time I am sure they are +ev pushes and calls but when I review the close ones I am still getting around 25% wrong. Got to work on that....

Have posted a few hands on the forums as well and generally I have been doing the right thing. Got some good advice to push things like jj-kk rather than 3betting when I have have 7-12BBs (effective).

Anyway here are some stats and some pretty graphs.

Goals by end Janaury:

- read the poker mindset - 3 chapters in
      - reread all the sng articles to silver level - 2 down, lots to go
      - watch 2 videos - done (4 already)
      - ride 50km - its been 38 degrees outside - I aint riding in that
      - treadmill 20km - 3,5 k done (while watching a <3 video :) )

Poker Stars: 250 games, roi 10.8%, profit = $94.13
      888: 730 games, roi 12.8%, profit $310.50

• FingersMalone
      FingersMalone
      Bronze
      Hey good luck to a fellow fan of The Blues.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      good to see a fellow blues fan!. What a goal by howard :) . now if we could only defend we might win a game or two.

Went to see the mighty birsbane roar play perth in perth last night. For a team that recently went 36 games without losing, they have turned to crap overnight. Amazing what a few key injuries can do. Anyway perth can't beat anyone, so even after they scored twice in 15minutes, Brisbane came back for a 3-3 draw.

Anyway, poker has been going pretty well. Roll on pokerstars is up over $300. I have started adding in some $7 sngs into the mix. playing 5*3.50 + 3 x $7 at a time. I feel i can beat the $7 but i can already see the differences (like there is 5-6 players left when blinds hit 150, instead of 3/4.)

I will post a graph when i hit 500 games. for now progress and results are:

- read the poker mindset - 3 chapters in
      - reread all the sng articles to silver level - 2 down, lots to go
      - watch 2 videos - done (4 already)
      - ride 50km - 8km done
      - treadmill 20km - 3,5 km done

Results to date are:
      3.50s - 451 games, Roi = 9.3%, ev = 5.9%, profit = $146
      7s - 25 games, roi -1.7%, ev = 3.1%, profit = -$3
      pokerstars bankroll (after bonus and a reload of $20 to get poker school bonus) - $319.69
    • FingersMalone
      FingersMalone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      good to see a fellow blues fan!. What a goal by howard :) .
      I fancy him to be our top scorer.........
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Things have been going really well until the last 25 games. Have hit a cooler which is frustrating but part of the fun i guess. In the last 25 games I have been elimianted by AA 9 times and KK 3 times. Each time I was justified getting my money, so thats good. Doesnt make my graph look real good tough. Anyway still doing really well in the 3.50s and breaking even in the 7s. Going to take a break, come back review some hands and then start my afternoon session. Heres to a successful next 500 games.

3.50s,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7s

all

Uploaded with ImageShack.us