Gambling??!!

• cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you're playing $1.50 or $3.50 HU Sit&Go on Pokerstars you might find this cool.

I started with a $20 bankroll and in 4 days I got to $72 playing 90% on HU Sit&Go Turbo and Hyper turbo.

On the Turbo ones you basically have to stick to ABC poker but on the Hyper ones you have to change the gear.

Normaly what I do is bluff big pre-flop on the first hands (I mean bets around 100 chips). This because you start with only 500 chips, your opponent gets a bit confused and he doesn't want to put his tourny at risk with marginal/weak hands.
      So if you win 2 or 3 hands in a row you can slow down a bit and pick your spots because you might have won around 100 chips (blind steal) which is a lot.

Try it!! Off course pre-flop bluffs will not work with everyone specially if your opponent has a good pocket hand and/or hits teh flop but most of the time it will and off course you can hit too when you bluff big. However, when I say bluff I'm not bluffing 7,2 or 9,4 etc

Bluff pre-flop with something you know you have a chance, if called.

You might be laughing or you may think this is pure gambling. In part you're right but at least you have a plan and if it goes wrong you still have chips to adjust your play.

Hope I could make some sense.

Any remarks are most welcomed.
  • 15 replies
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      I agree with you about ABC part. But bluff big in micro stakes sound little bit fishi. :f_biggrin:
    • cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      Update:

One hour session this morning and up from $72 to $96.6.

My plan is working (for now)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Good luck :)

Hope your plan works, it sounds like you have found your edge :)

Roo
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      keep it going dude :)
    • ipo44
      ipo44
      Bronze
      Wait and see. Sugar is coming. It's called variance.
    • cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      I don't believe variance.

Since when variance affects fishy players like me??

:D
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ipo44
      Wait and see. Sugar is coming. It's called variance.
      +1

you're 5x pfr strategy in first hands is simply stupid. Post here month from now and tell us your screen name and we will see
    • cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      Looks like a challenge to me.

I'll be back on the 27/01/2012 with a bankroll update.

Meanwhile, I'll have fun irritating good regular players at the tables.

Funny when they call me fish and lose all their chips.

I would like to know whom or what gives people the power to call fish and/or donkey to other players??

The other day this guy showing never ending stars in his avatar (pokerstars) said:

"that's why you'll never leave micro stakes!"

We were playing $1.50 HU Turbo Sit&Go.

I just answered: "tell me then what should I play, if I only deposited $20 and I'm a newbie. With all those stars and being such a good player shoudn't YOU be playing higher stakes??!! Stick those stars up your...!!!"

I won 1 game and lost the other. Then he refused a third match!!

Is it so difficult to understand that people like me can afford to spend 20 or 30 dollars a month to play as they like without being called fish??

Some frustrated peope have the insult in the tip of their tongues. Why don't they use it to give pleasure to their wifes??

If I'm playing for fun why shouldn't I go for a straight or a flush draw even knowing I will only win 1 in 5??? Some people like me like to gamble and can't resist going for a gut shot or the miracle river.

And then when we hit there comes the insults: fish, donkey, stupid, etc.

I hardly will be a winning player and I know why and can't help it :D

Therefore, I'm a fish, right??
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Fair enough :D

Originally posted by cool369
      Some frustrated peope have the insult in the tip of their tongues. Why don't they use it to give pleasure to their wifes??
      Because they're not married?
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      you still have to meet lady variance it seems. Swings on turbo and hyper turbo HUSNG are huge. Myself I've ran around 50BI under EV in <300 games.

On the other hand the microstakes are the most spewy games you will ever find. ABC poker is definatly the way to go. you can just play fit or fold because villains never adjust , let alone notice that you play fit or fold.
    • cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noisecore
      you still have to meet lady variance it seems. Swings on turbo and hyper turbo HUSNG are huge. Myself I've ran around 50BI under EV in <300 games.

On the other hand the microstakes are the most spewy games you will ever find. ABC poker is definatly the way to go. you can just play fit or fold because villains never adjust , let alone notice that you play fit or fold.
      Finally some constructive feedback.

Thanks
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze

If I would run 50BI under EV my computer would be out of street trought window :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RDKNAUF91

If I would run 50BI under EV my computer would be out of street trought window :D
      lol :D
    • ipo44
      ipo44
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cool369
      I don't believe variance.

Since when variance affects fishy players like me??

:D
      Comparing your stats I see that finally this sexy lady had an appoitment with you.
    • cool369
      cool369
      Bronze
      Yep, as I said here I am after busting my bankroll.

Oh well, I like to think I lost $20 instead of $96. :D

I guess I can't defy logic for a long period of time.

Anyway, I'm waiting a bit now to see how the Spanish regulation works out.

Regards