UTG+1: $27.15
      MP1: $47
      MP2: $10
      CO: $5.90
      Hero: $70.70
      SB: $16.95
      BB: $9.25

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with A A
      UTG raises to $1, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: Q 9 T ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $2.5, Hero raises to $11, UTG calls.

Turn: 2 ($31.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $4.5, Hero raises to $26, UTG calls.

River: 9 ($83.75, 2 players)
      UTG is all-in $0.45, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $84.65
  • 9 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd raise more on the flop ($14.50), and push turn.

As played I'd also push turn. IMO you can't play for pot control here, the board is too drawy, if he has a set I'm getting stacked.
    • Harooon
      Harooon
      Bronze
      NH I think, he donks on this drawy board, I'd go broke too.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nh
      It is hard to fold over pair on that board.
      Villain could do that with pair +draw or two pair or set or draw.
      I´m happy get my money all-in on the turn.
      Your flop re-raise was fine. 3$ shouldn´t have so much difference if he calls or folds and you have though decicion if he pushes.
      If you re-raise 14$ and he pushes then you´re getting 2,9:1 and it´s hard to fold then , although you´re often behind against two pair or set.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      By betting $11, you give vilain 2.73:1 to call on a very draw heavy board. Isn´t that border line?
      Imo, we shouldn´t give him more that 2:1 odds.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Would you call his all-in push if you bet more?
      I think 11$ is enough to let him know that you´re having big hand. If he want ś to choice the draw, he would call also turn size bet (or push all-in)
      Overpair on that board isn´t nuts and I really don´t like to play stacks if he is any kind of reasonable player.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think 11$ is enough to let him know that you´re having big hand. If he want ś to choice the draw, he would call also turn size bet (or push all-in)
      Overpair on that board isn´t nuts and I really don´t like to play stacks if he is any kind of reasonable player.
      If he is a reasonable player he wouldn´t raise from UTG with anything that could have us beat , other than 99, TT, QQ, and that is already stretching his range a bit. Other hands would be draws and we don´t want to give him odds.

Now, if we put him on a set why then raise the turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If he is a reasonable player he wouldn´t raise from UTG with anything that could have us beat , other than 99, TT, QQ, and that is already stretching his range a bit. Other hands would be draws and we don´t want to give him odds.

Now, if we put him on a set why then raise the turn?
      I don´t always put him on set. To me it also could mean blockbet, which means he wants to get to cheap showdown with tp (AQ, QK) or drawing hand.
      Depends on the player, but don´t think that NL 50 players would play bet/call set on that board and then leading out 1/6th of the pot on the turn.
      Since the board is so drawy you may consider just calling down (or if you put him on set and don´t want to pay for stacks. But in re-raised pots on that drawy board I would rather like to re-raise weak bets and when he showes I think I´m behind and can fold.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Gungunhana, I like your reasoning by putting him on a range based on position. However, what kinds of draws can he have? A:dK is the only strong draw I see assuming he raises reasonable hands from EP. If he has this holding, he will go all-in no matter how big we bet (Nut-FD, Gutshot to the Nutstraight, 2 Overcards). I think its more likely that he has something like AK or AQ, maybe KK/JJ
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Gungunhana, I like your reasoning by putting him on a range based on position. However, what kinds of draws can he have? A:dK is the only strong draw I see assuming he raises reasonable hands from EP. If he has this holding, he will go all-in no matter how big we bet (Nut-FD, Gutshot to the Nutstraight, 2 Overcards). I think its more likely that he has something like AK or AQ, maybe KK/JJ
      Point taken. You are right.