BTN ($7.85)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 9:heart: 9:diamond: 6:club:

SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.20) 9:heart: 9:diamond: 6:club: A:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.20) 9:heart: 9:diamond: 6:club: A:spade: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $8.37, SB calls $1.75 (AI)

SB shows J:heart: 9:club:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 96.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 3.4%, Turn 4.5%)

SB wins $9.60

so i did not 3bet to keep his all range here he also fold to 3bet alot so why bluff? i tryed to play in position a very good hand.
      Question 1

i never plan to fold the flop in a situation like this i will call or raise any flop. So the question is call or raise on the flop.

On the turn i bet small for value to keep alot of hands that i beat in his range, the river the same.

Question 2

This is his calling range in my opinion ( corect me if i'm wrong ) if i shove

Board: 9:diamond: 9:heart: 6:club:  A:spade:  T:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     53.85%  53.85%   0.00% { JJ-TT, 88-66, AKs, AJs-ATs, A8s-A7s, K9s, Q9s, J9s, AKo, AJo-ATo, A8o, K9o, Q9o, J9o }
      BB     46.15%  46.15%   0.00% { AdQd }

So shove or fold? i think call it's worse because i lose value from the times i'm ahead.
  • 6 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey Shady,

nice hand! At first please don't post results / or hide them ... It can affect someone :)

Please give us some information on your opp ...

This reasoning " i did not 3bet to keep his all range in game" might sound right ... However, it's not :) You need value! And as he's not fullstack + BvB he will call a very wide range ;)

So yep go for 3bet and then play based on his stats / board texture

As played:

F: We can't really make any calculations about range now .. Very often people are opening like 50% from SB :) (check his stats!)

Therefore he will have plenty of 9x still with AQ and backdoor FD we can call easily.
      I don't expect playing him 9x like this very often ... I think that most players will play just c and let us hit something ... (but ye maybe he's good and he knows that his perceived range is so wide and he doesn't repre like anything that we can call with wide range too)

T: We need to get value -> bet more ... He has a lot of Ax in his range or pairs which he bets and might call one street because he doesn't trust us ..

I think his range is very polarized by that check on T ... He's on air/9x
      (he checks because he has nothing or he wants us bluff the ace)

Still his Ax hits and maybe pairs call => value 0,6-0,7 (maybe more depends on opp)

River:

What do you expect to take value from?

PP folds, what kind of T he has? I will tell you non ;) T9 makes FH, TJ wouldnt call turn neither bet flop same works for QT,KT

Therefore only hands he could continue that includes T is T9 and AT => no value from T

And with Ax?

Do you really think he raises here something like A8 for value? :) value from what?

Therefore I think it depends on opp it can be b/f or c behind

I will choose c behind because you can have a lot of information which you will change into $ later in the session ;)

Q1: I think that just call is ok ... you will isolate against better range :)
      Q2: I don't think he will ever call shove with <KK which didn't make FH
      and he has definitely a lot more 9x then you've written down ;)

Cya hope it makes sense, gl!
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      A reg 20/17 AF 2.5 steal 33 hands 335 a MSS reg
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      then I will be more inclinded to check behind ... I think reg is very often capable of folding worse Ax ;)

and this passive line is sooo often 9x to let us bluff :) esp. BvB where we don't trust him and we know his range is so wide => therefore he can by calling with air etc etc
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Preflop: Totally fine even to play it this way and I obviously don't mind. :) We are very likely even ahead.

As played
      Flop: Well, on such a board it's very likely that we are ahead vs his stealing range. Both plays are totally fine, you can even raise here but most often only better hands will continue then, so while having the position it's fine to Call as well. Raising would depend on the dynamics and the opponent.
      Turn: Although I would still Bet it bigger for value. :) ~$0,80.
      River: And the mistake happens over and over again. :P You overplay your TP in such a spot. At the best we could talk about Bet/Calling but more often I'd tend here to Bet/Fold for value since I rarely see him Check/Raising this way with just Ax anyways. It will be more often a trap.

Best Regards.
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      Well do you think his never bluffing here? or call with JJ or something that i beat? he still do not have 100BB that's why i raised him all-in
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Shady9966
      Well do you think his never bluffing here? or call with JJ or something that i beat? he still do not have 100BB that's why i raised him all-in
      No, he is never calling or bluffing. :P He is unknown.