This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 Overpair Fold vs Aggression

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.34
      BB:
      $8.53
      MP3:
      $4.78
      CO:
      $4.79
      BU:
      $8.24

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:diamond: , 3:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22, MP3 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($1.02) 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.92, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.94

Here we are in a standard multi-way pot. My regular raise of 3bb's and 2 customers. A nice low flop to c-bet and to the turn..... For some reason I had a strange feeling I was behind already! The big blind was a decent TAG so I was a little wary. I should have definitely barrelled the turn for some information but I decided to check and call a bet for pot control. That idea went out of the window with the size of the Big Blind's raise! Was a fold ok here or should I have maybe raised him. Was not c-betting the turn a big mistake? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

That's really dumb spot. Especially when having such opponents in the hand. I guess your play isn't too weak anyways. Another option what I would pick would be to Bet/Fold the turn since BB/MP3 or whatsoever may still even have 9x in the hand and we are doing it for the free showdown. Other option if we doubt that they are betting with a lot worse anyways then Check/Fold is fine on such a dry board in multiway pot.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

That's really dumb spot. Especially when having such opponents in the hand. I guess your play isn't too weak anyways. Another option what I would pick would be to Bet/Fold the turn since BB/MP3 or whatsoever may still even have 9x in the hand and we are doing it for the free showdown. Other option if we doubt that they are betting with a lot worse anyways then Check/Fold is fine on such a dry board in multiway pot.

Best Regards.

Yep,

A truly weird spot/bet. I was really unsure of how to proceed. Yes, in future I think a bet/fold would probably be the better line, as I had the initiative and the overpair. I had been raising him a lot and stealing his blinds and I think he finally snapped!

Thanks