$8.53
      MP3:
      $4.78
      CO:
      $4.79
      BU:
      $8.24

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:diamond: , 3:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22, MP3 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($1.02) 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.92, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.94

Here we are in a standard multi-way pot. My regular raise of 3bb's and 2 customers. A nice low flop to c-bet and to the turn..... For some reason I had a strange feeling I was behind already! The big blind was a decent TAG so I was a little wary. I should have definitely barrelled the turn for some information but I decided to check and call a bet for pot control. That idea went out of the window with the size of the Big Blind's raise! Was a fold ok here or should I have maybe raised him. Was not c-betting the turn a big mistake? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

That's really dumb spot. Especially when having such opponents in the hand. I guess your play isn't too weak anyways. Another option what I would pick would be to Bet/Fold the turn since BB/MP3 or whatsoever may still even have 9x in the hand and we are doing it for the free showdown. Other option if we doubt that they are betting with a lot worse anyways then Check/Fold is fine on such a dry board in multiway pot.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

That's really dumb spot. Especially when having such opponents in the hand. I guess your play isn't too weak anyways. Another option what I would pick would be to Bet/Fold the turn since BB/MP3 or whatsoever may still even have 9x in the hand and we are doing it for the free showdown. Other option if we doubt that they are betting with a lot worse anyways then Check/Fold is fine on such a dry board in multiway pot.

Best Regards.

Yep,

A truly weird spot/bet. I was really unsure of how to proceed. Yes, in future I think a bet/fold would probably be the better line, as I had the initiative and the overpair. I had been raising him a lot and stealing his blinds and I think he finally snapped!

Thanks