Dealt to Hero A:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) Q:heart: K:heart: 6:club:

SB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($1.50) Q:heart: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.50) Q:heart: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club: 7:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

I have good equity against his range. He 4bets often, few times I tried 3beting and he kept 4beting me, so only option was to call. He likes to barrel, so I could call down him with TP all three streets I think.

On flop this is most likely a bluff, plus I have GS, overcard, backdoor FD, so easy call I think.

Turn check because once I start doing moves, it often ends I that I get reraised. The same reason not to raise on flop was - as I remember I often get reraised once I raise his cbets.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, the problem with Calling the flop is that you will rarely make any made hand to fold with such a play. So therefore I don't like floating such boards at all, the only option would be to Raise or just fold. As you see his CB ain't even that huge for us to expect that he is doing that with very wide range.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Well, the problem with Calling the flop is that you will rarely make any made hand to fold with such a play.

You mean by calling turn if he bets and betting river? I was thinking - he could bluff me two streets and I will still be ahead with my ace high. Plus I still have outs, and may sometimes hit on the river. And sometimes he will not bet river and I will win with ace high.

But as you say - raise of fold. So I guess I should fold the turn if he bets then, because those raises do not work agaisnt him. On the other hand - might be a selective memory, so I don't remember :) But also probalby I should look at hands in holdem manager how he plays them. Or maybe its just too complicated player for such low limit, and I just should switch the table when he sits on my right.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Actually I meant flop. :D
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      oh. On flop raising vs his cbets rarely work. And now I checked stat - fold cbet to raise - it is 26, so stats also say so. So wait for a hit then and take his money with made hand only remains an option. Or raise on flop him rarely, to keep some image.