This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - JJ

• sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0,83
      Hero:
      $2,27
      BU:
      $1,26

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, BB calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,31) J:heart: , 9:spade: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BU calls $0,20, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,71) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, BU calls $0,45.

River: ($1,61) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1,61
  • 2 replies
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hi,

Another pretty standard hand. You had to bet the flop to protect from the flush and Q10, 78 etc.. type hands. On the turn you have 2 options in my opinion:

1) Of course bet. You have the virtual nuts now so bet for value.

2) Check for bluff induce. You may lose some value on the turn but there is a chance that villain could make a move. It all depends on villain though. Is he tight or loose? In some situations against a loose/bluffy opponent I might check/call the turn to make it look like I might be drawing. Definitely betting is the first choice though.

On the river the bet is fine. You might try 0.85/0.95 or even less to make it look like a block bet or a weak bluff but maybe that's a little fancy. As played the hand is fine.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sebsejr,

I'd still Bet a bit bigger on flop & turn to protect my hand from any kind of draws. :)

Best Regards.