This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 3 handed AK OOP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.88)
      Hero ($29.66)
      BTN ($63.22)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:heart:

BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) A:heart: 8:club: Q:heart:

Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $6, Hero calls $3

TURN ($16.50) A:heart: 8:club: Q:heart: T:spade:

Hero bets $5.60, BTN raises to $55.02 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $26.70

22/14 reg agg freq 15/26/26

In the hand I wanted to bet turn c/c river and fold vs turn raise as I thought he would raise all the better hands than mine and could call turn bluff river with his missed draws.

I don't like this plan for the hand but I am quite puzzled and did not manage to find a better idea.
      -3betting flop seems like oveplaying it
      -c/f turn it's pretty weak for TPTK on this board but given that the turn it's pretty bad and villain not very aggressive I am considering it, but why call flop then?
      -donk/call turn again oveplaying imo
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

would not get away my tptk that spot. I think with Kh b/c flop is fine to then c/rai turn if you had just AK without backdoor flushdraw I´d likely just shove flop for value and protection.

I think b/c small on the turn is fine that might easily induce shove from draws, but don´t take b/f line, since he would still shove his draws and seems like you don´t really have strong hand

Best regards,