[NL2-NL10] nl4 Should I Just Shove the River?

• Ghartman

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2:spade: , 2:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.48) 7:spade: , 4:diamond: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.36, CO folds, SB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP3 calls $0.44.

Turn: ($2.88) 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB raises $0.61 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.22, MP3 calls $1.22.

River: ($5.93) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.06, MP3 calls $2.06.

Final Pot: $10.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (As Ac)
      SB shows (7h 6s)
      Hero shows a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2s 2d)

Hero wins with a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2s 2d)

I definitely got my implied odds for the call with the small pair. MP3 & CO were TAG's, usually very aggressive post-flop and the SB was a complete maniac, either raising or involved in every hand since I joined the room. I got a dream flop and action. I knew that SB could have any 2, was a shorty and wasn't too worried about him but I honestly felt that MP3 had a better set for some reason (maybe I'd taken too many bad beats today!) anyhow I wasn't folding so how to play this for max value?

On the flop it was a standard slowplay. After SB went all-in on the turn I didn't want to lose MP3 but I knew he was strong anyway so I just min-raised. Should I have raised more or would that look too suspicious? Finally on the river should I just shove. I was worried it might look like A7 or something so I went for thin value. Would a shove be overkill? Tell me what you think.

• 1 reply