This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 Should I Just Shove the River?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.53
      Hero:
      $6.42
      MP2:
      $5
      MP3:
      $6.36
      CO:
      $7.72
      BU:
      $4.72

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2:spade: , 2:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.48) 7:spade: , 4:diamond: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.36, CO folds, SB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP3 calls $0.44.

Turn: ($2.88) 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB raises $0.61 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.22, MP3 calls $1.22.

River: ($5.93) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.06, MP3 calls $2.06.

Final Pot: $10.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (As Ac)
      SB shows (7h 6s)
      Hero shows a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2s 2d)

Hero wins with a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2s 2d)

I definitely got my implied odds for the call with the small pair. MP3 & CO were TAG's, usually very aggressive post-flop and the SB was a complete maniac, either raising or involved in every hand since I joined the room. I got a dream flop and action. I knew that SB could have any 2, was a shorty and wasn't too worried about him but I honestly felt that MP3 had a better set for some reason (maybe I'd taken too many bad beats today!) anyhow I wasn't folding so how to play this for max value?

On the flop it was a standard slowplay. After SB went all-in on the turn I didn't want to lose MP3 but I knew he was strong anyway so I just min-raised. Should I have raised more or would that look too suspicious? Finally on the river should I just shove. I was worried it might look like A7 or something so I went for thin value. Would a shove be overkill? Tell me what you think.

Thanks
  • 1 reply